Unigui for Lazarus

Josué Elias

17 hours ago, Josué Elias said:

Is there a plan to have a version of Unigui for Lazarus?

We have considered to create a port for Lazarus, but workload didn't allow us to make it happen. From what I see Lazarus adopts a completely different IDE integration API compared with Delphi. We need to add custom Forms and DataModules to the IDE.

Are they any resources which explains all the needed step to achieve this? The resource that I have reviewed a few years ago wasn't adequate...

Lazarus is very up to date with the latest versions, for example version 3.2 (current).

Lazarus is compatible with codes made in Delphi, sometimes requiring some adjustments mainly because you can use the {$mode delphi} directive at the beginning of all units.

I believe that you would initially need to migrate only the front-end components. Of course I don't know the extent of the entire Unigui package.

I have already participated in software migration from Delphi to Lazarus and when we use the Delphi directive the work becomes much faster.

example of using the directive:

unit Test Unit;

{$mode delphi}

interface

uses