IIS Running Multiple Applications

cwsymons

Hi,

I have IIS on my server running multiple UniGUI applications. Currently web clients can only try to connect to websockets on the domain only (ie: wss://somedomain.com.au/uniWebSocket/_S_ID=blahblahblah). I would like to be able to direct my websocket calls to the specific application for that being used. I can use a reverse proxy in IIS but only for one application. Can you please come up with a solution that would allow the application to be included in the websocket connection (ie: wss://somedomain.com.au/someapplication/uniWebSocket/_S_ID=blahblahblah).

thanks in advance

Craig

• Administrators

Hello,

Each client will receive messages only from the application which it belongs. There is no need to manually direct clients.

When you call BroadcastMessage() method from within a application named "accounting" only clients that belongs to this app will receive the socket message.

HI Farshad,

I understand what you are saying but given the websocket call below

wss://somedomain.com.au/uniWebSocket/_S_ID=blahblahblah

only the default IIS document will receive the websocket call. Are you saying that if the default document is correctly setup, that it can distribute the call to other applications? From my testing only the first document receives the call. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Administrators

Yes, the WebSocket engine will send message to the correct target.

BTW, how did you setup the WebSockets for Isapi DLL? We have described in our docs that you can't directly use IIS application as a WebSockets server. You need to implement one of the solutions that we have provided in our documents. The best method is using a dedicated WebSocket server.

https://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/index.html?iis--apache-deployment.htm

• Administrators
On 2/22/2024 at 11:55 PM, cwsymons said:

Unfortunately, I cannot use another port. The company hosting my virtual machine will only open port 443. I'm not sure if they will allocate another IP address to the machine either

Hello,

All hosting companies allow you to use addtional IP addresses. Sometimes it is already included in the service sometimes you can simply enable them from the control panel.

Some companies sell additional IPs at a very low cost (2 USD per month)

Some companies allow up to one additional IP for free.

• Like 1