My first application based on UniGui

alasoft

Hi all .. this is my first application made ​​using UniGUI. In fact it's my CV (Curriculum Vitae) presented as an application

on the Web.

I'm just out of work and thought this is a good way to let me know. After thinking and thinking UniGUI finally was chosen to develop this small application.

The application is in spanish but surely you can appreciate the general idea (I'm asking, among other things, as effectively internationalize an application of this type)

Still have to polish details and error, thanks for understanding!

Runs on: www.alasoft.com.ar/cv.dll

I'm really impressed .. the reality is that the essential part of this application I did in two or three days .. UniGUI is fantastic.

I can not really mention what I think .. namely

1. UniGUI looks like a job .. enormous, titanic would say .. obviously do not know, but it's at least how I feel when using this product.

2. Delphi is a Ferrari. The king of RAD, period.

The application's I did this:

1. Locally running under Apache

2. Externally published as ISAPI under IIS running on a shared host, without any kind of problems

3. If data, the MySQL connection via UniDAC is transparent (I have very tested and without any kind of problems)

4. Use the full power of Delphi XE to set the 'model' and the control logic.

The problems I had were:

1. UniGUI think is the same as a graphical application. It's not, but not so different .. actually very little. Gotta watch the programming of the call-backs

2. By uploading the application to host .. initially could not find the resources ('loading' blue screen), but once set correctly, particularly ExtRoot = ext-xyz \ .. everything went perfectly well.

3. There are minor issues that really have no relevance in my opinion. Particularly in the last minute stop using TClientDataSet as table in memory, and calling midas.dll

My only fear with UniGUI today is:

1. Scalability .. This put me a little nervous, but I understand that actually supports up to 100 concurrent users without major poblem. Nothing else seems to be critical .. ExtJS 4 .. debugging .. more functionality .. maybe .. HTTPS and management credentials, if you think this is very important.

Finally, as I'm sure all of us here .. I mean simply: THANK YOU MR.FARJAD

Robert

• 5 months later...

Hi all .. this is my first application made ​​using UniGUI. In fact it's my CV (Curriculum Vitae) presented as an application

on the Web.

I'm just out of work and thought this is a good way to let me know. After thinking and thinking UniGUI finally was chosen to develop this small application.

The application is in spanish but surely you can appreciate the general idea (I'm asking, among other things, as effectively internationalize an application of this type)

Still have to polish details and error, thanks for understanding!

Runs on: www.alasoft.com.ar/cv.dll

I'm really impressed .. the reality is that the essential part of this application I did in two or three days .. UniGUI is fantastic.

I can not really mention what I think .. namely

1. UniGUI looks like a job .. enormous, titanic would say .. obviously do not know, but it's at least how I feel when using this product.

2. Delphi is a Ferrari. The king of RAD, period.

The application's I did this:

1. Locally running under Apache

2. Externally published as ISAPI under IIS running on a shared host, without any kind of problems

3. If data, the MySQL connection via UniDAC is transparent (I have very tested and without any kind of problems)

4. Use the full power of Delphi XE to set the 'model' and the control logic.

The problems I had were:

1. UniGUI think is the same as a graphical application. It's not, but not so different .. actually very little. Gotta watch the programming of the call-backs

2. By uploading the application to host .. initially could not find the resources ('loading' blue screen), but once set correctly, particularly ExtRoot = ext-xyz \ .. everything went perfectly well.

3. There are minor issues that really have no relevance in my opinion. Particularly in the last minute stop using TClientDataSet as table in memory, and calling midas.dll

My only fear with UniGUI today is:

1. Scalability .. This put me a little nervous, but I understand that actually supports up to 100 concurrent users without major poblem. Nothing else seems to be critical .. ExtJS 4 .. debugging .. more functionality .. maybe .. HTTPS and management credentials, if you think this is very important.

Finally, as I'm sure all of us here .. I mean simply: THANK YOU MR.FARJAD

Robert

Hola Roberto,

como van tus trabajos con uniGUI?

en mi caso estoy empezando a desarrollar con esto y me gustaria tener todo tipo de comentarios de la gente que ya tiene experiencia.

Gracias.

Saludos

Hola que tal .. recien veo tu respuesta .. 

Estoy parado con UNIGUI ya que tengo otras cosas que hacer .. el producto me parece simplemente sensacional y Delphi - que es lo que esta abajo de UNIGUI - tambien ..

Avanze mucho con el producto, hasta que tuve que buscar trabajo y no le puedo dedicar el tiempo que me gustaria

Saludos

Rober