Data not loaded in isapi dll

CCH4UNIGUI

Hi Unigui Gurus

1. Simple database apps (ESS4HG.EXE) in standalone mode works beautifully using localhost:8077

a) UniDBGrid

b) TADOConnection

c) TADODataset 

d) DataSource

2. Switched to DLL mode (ESS4HG.DLL) copied to C:\ISAPI (virtual folder in IIS8)

localhost/isapi/ess4hg.dll 

a) displays the UniDbGrid and says loading...

b) No data loaded 😞

Where have I gone wrong ?

12 hours ago, CCH4UNIGUI said:

Hi Farshad

Windows authentication as I am testing everything on a single laptop.

Hi Farshad

Recompiled using User Authentication, the result is worse, the expected login prompt does not appear and nothing is loaded.
FYI, the standalone version displays a login prompt & upon authentication, the UniDBGrid appears with loaded data.

What's happening ?

What do I have to do to get the DLL version to work ?

After 4/5 days of testing the trial, its kind of demoralising  as basic deployment of as simple DLL don't even work.

Your assistance is most appreciated.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, CCH4UNIGUI said:

Hi Farshad

Recompiled using User Authentication, the result is worse, the expected login prompt does not appear and nothing is loaded.
FYI, the standalone version displays a login prompt & upon authentication, the UniDBGrid appears with loaded data.

What's happening ?

What do I have to do to get the DLL version to work ?

After 4/5 days of testing the trial, its kind of demoralising  as basic deployment of as simple DLL don't even work.

Your assistance is most appreciated.

Thank you.

Its weird, I am now able to deploy localhost/isapi/ess4ua.dll compiled with User Authentication

ess4wa compiled with Windows Authentication only display a blank UniDBGrid

• Administrators

This issue is related to the way windows iis and sql server work. The isapi dll runs under a built in user named iis_user or similar. This user does not have access to the sql server by default. You must either change the isapi pool authentication user or grant access to isapi user in sql server.