Checking if it is stanalone or isapi (design time)

SergioFeitoza

Hello SergioFeitoza.

As mentioned in this link https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13112257/how-can-i-tell-at-compile-time-whether-the-project-is-a-program-or-a-library, probably there is no way to do some compilation time check. What I know is that a ISAPI project is a Library, and a standalone is a program. So, if I need to do that, I would define some  mark, as example, ISAPI, to the ISAPI project and PROGRAM to standalone. Then, in my code I would do something like

{$IF Defined(ISAPI)}

//...

{$ELSEIF Defined(PROGRAM)} //Or just $ELSE, as there is just two options.
//...
{$ENDIF}

Edit: If your project's source code first line is LIBRARY, then, it is an ISAPI project.

6 minutes ago, Daniel Prado said:

Hello SergioFeitoza.

As mentioned in this link https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13112257/how-can-i-tell-at-compile-time-whether-the-project-is-a-program-or-a-library, probably there is no way to do some compilation time check. What I know is that a ISAPI project is a Library, and a standalone is a program. So, if I need to do that, I would define some  mark, as example, ISAPI, to the ISAPI project and PROGRAM to standalone. Then, in my code I would do something like

{$IF Defined(ISAPI)}

//...

{$ELSEIF Defined(PROGRAM)} //Or just $ELSE, as there is just two options.
//...
{$ENDIF}

Edit: If your project's source code first line is LIBRARY, then, it is an ISAPI project.

Dear Daniel.  Thank you very much for your answer However, it is a little bit more difficult than I am looking for.

I saw, by chance,  last week, a way of doing like I wrote above. The problem is that I lost the link and I am not finding now. I will continue looking for . I think it was some kind of windows function