Key Hosting and Database Questions for Optimal uniGUI Web Application Performance

InnovatorCoder

As a uniGUI web application developer, I often encounter these important questions from clients, which I'd like to share and discuss on this forum:

1. What are the hosting specifications required to support 200 simultaneous visitors and browsers on my site?
  2. In terms of system stability and service reliability, is it better to opt for Linux or Windows hosting?
  3. Which database integrates best with the uniGUI system? Is it MySQL, MS-SQL, MS-Access, or another option?

I'm looking forward to the community's insights and recommendations on these common yet crucial queries. If anyone with experience in these areas could provide their input, we would greatly benefit from your knowledge and expertise.

Although I have limited experience with UniGUI, allow me to initiate this discussion, hoping that those with more expertise and experience will correct me where necessary.

Regarding the question:

What are the hosting specifications required to support 200 simultaneous visitors and browsers on my site?

About Hosting Specifications for 200 Simultaneous Visitors: To support 200 simultaneous visitors, your hosting environment needs to be robust. This usually involves a server with a powerful CPU (12 cores+), sufficient RAM (here, is 32GB of memory enough?), and high bandwidth to manage the traffic. Assuming the database contains only text, is 10Mb bandwidth sufficient? It's also important to ensure that your hosting plan can handle peak loads efficiently. This might involve using a Load Balancer, but I'm not sure what the best solution for that is.

In terms of system stability and service reliability, is it better to opt for Linux or Windows hosting?

In the context of system stability and service reliability for hosting environments, particularly for UniGUI applications, Linux is often the preferred choice. Its stability, enhanced security features, and lower resource consumption not only make it a reliable option but also lead to better server performance compared to an equivalently specced Windows server. This efficiency in resource utilization is especially beneficial for UniGUI applications, as Linux hosting naturally offers better performance than Windows due to its efficient resource management and robust security architecture.

Which database integrates best with the uniGUI system? Is it MySQL, MS-SQL, MS-Access, or another option?

When selecting the best database for uniGUI, it's crucial to consider both your specific needs and the nature of your application.

MySQL stands out not only for its flexibility and wide usage in various web applications but also for being free, which is a significant advantage.

MS-SQL is often the choice for environments that are heavily integrated with other Microsoft services. On the other hand, MS-Access is more suitable for smaller, desktop-based applications but may not be ideal for web applications with high traffic.

Ultimately, the best choice will align with your application's requirements.

What are the hosting specifications required to support 200 simultaneous visitors and browsers on my site?

Considering that each user session might approximately need 100KB for upload and another 100KB for download, for 200 simultaneous sessions, this translates to a requirement of around 40MB, or roughly 160Mb of bandwidth.

To efficiently manage this load, deploying 4 servers with a load balancer could be an optimal solution, as it would allow each server to handle about 40Mb of bandwidth. Additionally, dedicating a separate server for database operations may enhance overall system performance.

Your thoughts on this setup would be highly valuable.

Good morning, with a light load we use a WMS with 40 to 80 users, Windows 10 operational, Intel 7 generation 7 3200MHz with 32 GB of memory 2 SSD disks, database size 6GB, FIREBIRD 3 database, desktop clients and mobile clients and it behaves well, the speed on LAN is 100 MB,  WAN 4G . I think it's important to keep in mind what users do, do intensive computing or enter data on the screen or basic queries, , I think one important thing is the speed of the disks (use m2), I use Firebird and it's a fast database when the queries use the correct indexes.  

If your users are lan using the computer in the office, it is faster than those in the cloud because of the speed of communication

saludes desde Cali Colombia