RBA Role Based Authentication

RBA is definitely needed in uniGUI. I have read posts here from others saying that as well.   Having a user - group - access policy management capability is sorely missing.  Sure you can write one from scratch.  I purchased and used TMS Softwares security VCL (I don't like advertising for another company but this is important) and adapted it to uniGUI with virtually no trouble.  Users  and groups can be assigned to buttons, menu items, by either disabling buttons or making them invisible.  All  visual components on a form are selectable.  The only issue is that you can not use the visual TMS user editor components (standard visual components inside uniGUI are not possible).  You have to write your own uniGUI control panel using their visual component as a rough guide.   This took a morning and it works great!  The way uniGUI is designed makes this possible.  Great Job!

Based on the above, I was able to write a user portal for a company with full access control.

Hopefully uniGUI will have their own soon.

If there are other options including user written this may be a good place to post the options.

I hope this helps others looking for full RBA.

-Scott