Due with Java script

thecrgrt

Can you give a specific example?

Get some values from or set some values to JS controls, create an event for some JS controls in JavaScript using Delphi code.

By the way, I found the interest property, JSName that I can create dynamic JavaScript to receive an information from Delphi code, but where is JSCode method of WebForm? why it disappeared from 0.85.0?

• Administrators

Get some values from or set some values to JS controls, create an event for some JS controls in JavaScript using Delphi code.

By the way, I found the interest property, JSName that I can create dynamic JavaScript to receive an information from Delphi code, but where is JSCode method of WebForm? why it disappeared from 0.85.0?

JSCode is a protected method: Use a hack to access it:

type
 TUniControlHack = class(TUniControl);

procedure TMainForm.UniFormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
 if WebMode then
   TUniControlHack(WebForm).JSCode('alert("blalalala");');
end;

JSCode is a protected method: Use a hack to access it:

type
 TUniControlHack = class(TUniControl);

procedure TMainForm.UniFormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
 if WebMode then
   TUniControlHack(WebForm).JSCode('alert("blalalala");');
end;

Thank you, I'll try its.

Hi, Farshad...

How can I execute this code?

if WebMode then

TUniControlHack(WebForm).JSCode(

'<link rel="stylesheet" href="dhtmlwindow.css" type="text/css" />'+

'<script type="text/javascript" src="dhtmlwindow.js">'+

'dhtmlmodal.open("EmailBox", "iframe", "modalfiles/newsletter.htm", "Newsletter Signup page", "width=350px,height=200px,center=1,resize=0,scrolling=1");');

Method dhtmlmodal is inside a .js called "dhtmlwindow.js". I put this file in same application path, but script doesn't works. Can you help me?

Thanks

• Administrators

Hi, Farshad...

How can I execute this code?

if WebMode then

TUniControlHack(WebForm).JSCode(

''+

'<script type="text/javascript" src="dhtmlwindow.js">'+

'dhtmlmodal.open("EmailBox", "iframe", "modalfiles/newsletter.htm", "Newsletter Signup page", "width=350px,height=200px,center=1,resize=0,scrolling=1");');

Method dhtmlmodal is inside a .js called "dhtmlwindow.js". I put this file in same application path, but script doesn't works. Can you help me?

Thanks

You can't put html inside JSCode().

Put "dhtmlwindow.js" inside ServerModule.CustomFiles

Then put your html/js code inside a uniHTMLFrame

a very interesting code. There is something like this to do the opposite? Delphi receive a value from javascript.

Whether JSCall and JSCallCatch methods can do this, IMO.

But I don't know how to use them, maybe we wait for Farshad answer.

• Administrators

Hi all,

We will try to support client side scripting as much as we can,but we shouldn't forget that there are almost infinite possibilities when you combine JS/HTML/CSS and similar technologies.

In order to exchange values between Delphi and JS we need to construct the proper infrastructure which will handle all these tasks in a reliable and automatic way. Currently you can achieve this, but for this you need to use some dirty hacks which may work only for a particular problem.

After version 0.90.0 or maybe earlier we will start to focus on client side scripting and event handling. Until then I will try to answer simple cases regarding scripting, but for more complex cases, especially those which need implementing a two way communication between server and client, I may not be able to solve your issue.

Thanks