uniGUI: Verification failed

wprins

Hello,

Today I rebooted my PC due to installing newer IBM iSeries drivers on my PC and having to do the usual reboot song-and-dance, and to enable virtualization as I sometimes use Hyper-V (nothing directly related to uniGUI.)  

However, I now get the following trying to start Delphi:

vFq30U.png

Apparently one of these actions (installing drivers, enabling hyper-v, rebooting) has caused the above.

(I've had this once before, and didn't at that time know what triggered it either.  It necessitated uninstalling and reinstalling uniGUI to fix as I recall. I'm assuming it's going to be the same this time.)

I just wanted to note that somewhere your validation is being overzealous, and politely voice my displeasure at having to deal with this and suggest you look into why this happened to try and prevent it from occurring in future.  (This type of thing, though rare, is rather irritating when it happens and wastes time and distracts from actual work.)

Best wishes,

Walter

• Administrators

I just wanted to note that somewhere your validation is being overzealous, and politely voice my displeasure at having to deal with this and suggest you look into why this happened to try and prevent it from occurring in future.  (This type of thing, though rare, is rather irritating when it happens and wastes time and distracts from actual work.)

Hi Walter,

Sorry for the problem.

Actually we did our best to use a very "light" algorithm to identify your PC, so such issues would occur rarely. However, it seems that you have turned the "correct" switch on. Here, enabling virtualization seems to be source of the issue.

Hi Walter,

Sorry for the problem.

Actually we did our best to use a very "light" algorithm to identify your PC, so such issues would occur rarely. However, it seems that you have turned the "correct" switch on. Here, enabling virtualization seems to be source of the issue.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps to at least know what the cause of the issue is.  I'll avoid messing with the virtualisation settings and bear in mind that doing so may affect the uniGUI installation.   :)

(Actually the fact that it was off was as a result of a BIOS upgrade some time ago, which as is usual, reset the BIOS settings to defaults.  It wasn't until today that I actually needed to use Hyper-V again and then noticed that virtualisation support was in fact off in the BIOS and turned it back on.  Perhaps it's worth mentioning this somewhere in the documentation somewhere.)

Thanks again and have a great day,

Walter