How many rows in Unidbgrid are too many??

Angelica

Hi Delphi Developer:

Thanks, for your soon answer.

I did that

UniDBGrid -> WebOptions -> Paged, PageSize ---> 25    but  It didn't work for these case, a table with 3.000.000 records.

Versión: Uniguid licenced 1402. I paid it.

Best regards,

Hi Delphi Developer:

1) I try with UniDBGrid -> WebOptions -> FetchAll = True , but It doesn´t work.

2) Error , UniDbGrid can´t full  a table with 3.000.000.  The page web doesn´t Work but with another tables ( e.g. 100.000) ,it works perfectly.

Do you get it??

Really, I wanna, 'cause  i need that  my page web shows a table with 3.000.000, with pagination,obviusly.

Best Regards!!!  an Thanks a lot !!!

I think, in fact, 3 million records seem a bit too much for any applications.

I think it's better to use filters, pagination, not counting query optimization for such records.

Ditto...3 million? ...have to re-think the design...nobody can make sense of 3 million records...will take days to scroll through given the real estate on a monitor. Limit the records by imposing a criteria....think what you really want to see.

• Upvote 1

Yes you're right. But what if I want to show a big amount of records, and let the client to apply the filters he wants.

It already exists on EXTJS since long time ago. 

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.5/#!/api/Ext.grid.plugin.BufferedRenderer

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.5/#!/example/grid/buffer-grid.html

I hope this pluggin could be inserted on the Roadmap. Would be great!!!!

Hi  Developer Delphi  !!!

I need show for page 30 records of my table with 3.000.000 records.  The  UniDBGrid page doesn't work ( for big tables).

Anyway, thanks for your time!!!

• Administrators

I uploaded them again!!!

Again, I do not understand what you see in web page when you load your app. Do you get a blank screen?

The attached error.png shows error codes which are not related to uniGUI.

uniGUI does not put a limit on number of records. It can be one billion rows as long as your grid is in paged mode.

The only problem here is that your server will consume too much resources.

• Administrators

Hi all

I made a simple test to for the same quantity of records but on a simple table with two fields and UNIGUI reponses are too slow. UniDBGrid paged too.

DB: Firebird 3.0.2 64bits.

Yes, the slow part is that if you set FetchAll as True. uniGUI will try to load all rows in advance.

• Administrators

Hi Delphi Developer:

1) I try with UniDBGrid -> WebOptions -> FetchAll = True , but It doesn´t work.

2) Error , UniDbGrid can´t full  a table with 3.000.000.  The page web doesn´t Work but with another tables ( e.g. 100.000) ,it works perfectly.

Do you get it??

Really, I wanna, 'cause  i need that  my page web shows a table with 3.000.000, with pagination,obviusly.

Best Regards!!!  an Thanks a lot !!!

From a UX design point of view having 3M rows in a grid doesn't have much meaning. You can put a limit on rows and allow user to filter the rows he wants to see.

How your users can navigate in a grid  with 3M rows? Any there a practical usage for this?

• 4 weeks later...

I also use the ads, as will have many records use an adsquery and leave a filter option p the user to choose the registration range. And then when the user selects the record use an adstable and locate the record record,

you use adsquery with filter on gride and for edition you use adstable

eu tambem uso o ads, como vai ter muitos registros use um adsquery e deixe uma opçao de filtro p o usuario escolher a faixa de registro. e depois quando o usuario selecionar o registro use um adstable e localize o registro p edicao,

ou seja voce usa o adsquery com filtro no gride e para ediçao voce usa o adstable

Hi Angelica, 

if you want to present a filled grid to user at startup, and not an empty form,  you can  limit your query at first top 1000-10000 records (ordered or filtered as you want). It's impossible for user  scroll 10000 records looking for a value.

Then, after user apply search criteria you can requery and limit again filtered data to 10000 record. So searched 1-100 filtered records are goods (also for performance) with a limit of max 10000 records in memory,