ISAPI DLL Migration/deployment issue

Daryl McMurray

I have an existing UniGui application that is deployed as isapi dll on a windows 2008 server running Plesk.  Works wonderfully.

I am migrating the site and application to a new server running windows 2012 and new version of Plesk.

I had no issues with the original installation - I followed the same deployment guide on the new server.

On trying to bring up the application on the new server, all I see is the "Loading..." screen.  It is behaving as though the runtime is not installed. 

I have installed "FMSoft_uniGUI_Complete_runtime_1.0.0.1381.exe"  on the new server without issue.

when I view source on the failed load ("Loading...") screen, I can see the paths to the required files...

<script src="/admin/psadirmanager.dll/ext-4.2.5.1763/ext-all.js"></script>
<script src="/admin/psadirmanager.dll/uni-1.0.0.1381/ext-unicommon-min.js"></script>
<script src="/admin/psadirmanager.dll/uni-1.0.0.1381/ext-sync-min.js"></script>

and others...

I have then tried to open one of the files directly in the browser... 

(MyDomain.com is replaced with actual domain)  

I get 404 error that "The webpage cannot be found"

Again, it is behaving as though the runtime is not installed.  Is there a way to see where the DLL is looking for those files to serve?  

I have tried removing site and recreating from scratch... I have re-installed "FMSoft_uniGUI_Complete_runtime_1.0.0.1381.exe" - nothing works.

Please help.

Thank you. 

Daryl.

I have not... I copied the same compiled dll from the working server to the new server which has the same paths set up, and installed the same version of the runtime that is installed on the old server.   

Are you thinking I need to change the ExtRoot property and re-compile?  If so, what would I change it to?

Solved!!!!!!!

My log file for the dll reported several entries such as: 

psadirmanager.run: 00001C38: 22:29:23 [HandleFileRequest[142.51.218.219]]:File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\FMSoft\Framework\unigui\uni-1.0.0.1381\css\uni-ext.css

Yet, I could confirm that the files are at the location provided.  

I had to manually add permissions to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI" folder for IIS_USERS

Still not sure why this was required.  Hope this helps someone else.  

I agree... "Should" being the operative word here.  However... I can assure you that it could not until I manually added the permissions to the folder.  

It wasn't an issue on the 2008 server.  I'm just glad it was a simple issue to resolve.