frxXLSXExport1.DefaultPath := '';
 frxReport.PrepareReport();
 frxReport.Export(frxXLSXExport1); // Export Report
 UniSession.SendFile(UniServerModule.LocalCachePath +RptName, RptName);
end;

Regards

yudi

no one can help me?? 

i make a program with unigui and fast report for report (can do excel export).  

i have 3 server

no.1 use window server 2008, the excel export run smoothly with client computer, the client computer can produce excel file same as the report. running well, no problem.

then i copy it to computer no. 2 same spec, i get the error message when i execute the excel export, the client computer can't produce excel file. 

then i put the program in the windows 7's computer (no 3), the client computer can produce excel file. same as no .1.

anyone here have same problem as no.2 error?

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation.
My server is 2008 with IIS 7. I use UniGUI version 0.98.

When I run the deployed .dll file directly from the server and want to convert from pdf to excel, there is an error message "File bla bla bla.xls not found."  

If I'm trying to call that .dll file from other computer, the error message is "Error 404 - File or directory not found."

In my curiosity, I deploy .exe file to my 2008 server just to make sure that my application which created by UniGUI is running well. In the end,  there is no problem, pdf file converted to excel successfully.

My question is, WHAT'S WRONG? Is my IIS is the source of the problem? Or I have to reconfigure my firewall / security settings?

Thanks alot..

• 2 months later...

We do not support old versions. Please try with latest Trial build.

Hello!

Sorry it takes me long time to respond this case.

I've followed the suggestion to upgrade my UNIGUI to the latest version.

Now that I'm running version 1.0.0.1402,

I'm already trying to rebuild my whole program into two versions, .EXE and .DLL.

With .EXE version, the "convert to excel" running well, everything goes smoothly, no problem at all.

BUT, with the .DLL version, I've got these results:

+) "Error 404 - File or directory not found." not appear anymore on the browser.

+) Appear message dialogue "Cannot open file.. bla bla bla.. The system cannot find the file specified." on every Operating systems I use (win 7, win server 2008).

I use IIS 7.

All settings on my IIS already checked with the documentation on UNIGUI website.

I include the source code, need help, please enlighten me..

Thank you in advance.

TesFastReport.zip

Hello,

You are using absolutes paths in your INI files. I think it is the source of problem. You have set ServerRoot to a path which does not exist in target PC.

You must also make sure that all paths used in your app have full read write access needed by IUSR and IIS_IUSRS internal accounts.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Hi,

ServerRoot Location is where .dll and .exe files exist, right?

If right like that, the ServerRoot location already set on target PC.(see "PictAccess03.jpg").

About the "full read/write access" for the IUSR and IIS_IUSRS, already "full control" (see "PictAccess01.jpg", "PictAccess02.jpg").

post-2205-0-98075500-1502331066_thumb.jpgpost-2205-0-98606100-1502331077_thumb.jpgpost-2205-0-75583100-1502331116_thumb.jpg

I also try to give "blank" value on ServerRoot properties (see "ServerRoot.jpg") but it doesn't work

post-2205-0-79916200-1502340758_thumb.jpg

I also test the fast report demo from unigui. I change only the use of frxPDFExport component to frxXLSExport and the result is error message "file bla bla bla .xls not found" appears (see "PictAccess04.jpg") which only happen on .dll application (.exe no problem).

post-2205-0-20694800-1502340784_thumb.jpg

Please enlighten me...

Thanks.

• Administrators

If your are using frxXLSExport it can be the problem. This component relies on Excel itself to create an Excel file. It requires Excel to be installed on server PC. Again, the OLE connection may not work in DLL mode because of restricted credentials.

You must either use frxBIFFExport or frxXLSXExport which do not rely on Excel to work.

If your are using frxXLSExport it can be the problem. This component relies on Excel itself to create an Excel file. It requires Excel to be installed on server PC. Again, the OLE connection may not work in DLL mode because of restricted credentials.

You must either use frxBIFFExport or frxXLSXExport which do not rely on Excel to work.

Thanks for your help.

I was wrong for the whole time.

I use OLE to excel, while OLE doesn't support to be used on .DLL (I have to use other component).

Case closed with this statement:  

".. the OLE connection may not work in DLL mode .."

Thanks for the advice. I learned a lot for this case.