Questions about UniDBGrid

jrp

Hello,

I had just discovered UniGUI and currently evaluating it. UniGUI is very cool! I can use Delphi, but I don't know anything about developing web application. Now UniGUI make things looks familiar and easy. I hope that I never have to learn another programming language to develop web applications.

I have questions about UniDBGrid. Please download the attachment to understand my questions better. It is a slightly modified UniGUI GridEditors - Row Editor Demo

I use Delphi Berlin Starter & UniGUI 1.0.0.1385 Trial.

Now the questions:

1. When I'm editing a record by double-clicking the grid, UniDBGrid1.DataSource.State is dsBrowse. Is this a bug? Because when I do editing by clicking the edit button in the UniDBNavigator1 or by code, UniDBGrid1.DataSource.State is dsEdit (correct behaviour).

2. How to make it so that UniDBGrid1 can't be edited by double click but can be edited by code (eg. by clicking btAppend or btEdit) ?

3. How to make the Confirm and Cancel button dissapear when editing in RowEditor mode? I want to use another buttons outside the grid to do Post and Cancel by myself because I have several things to do before & after post (I can't use ClientDataset1.BeforePost & AfterPost events because the code will look bad).

4. How to change the Caption and give icons to the Confirm and Cancel buttons?

Thanks in advance

I tried a solution for question 2 with the following concept:

• UniDBGrid created with ReadOnly:=true;
  • In the OnClick events of the button for editing (eg. btAppend & btEdit), make UniDBGrid.ReadOnly:=false; before calling Dataset.Append/Dataset.Edit
  • In the dataset's AfterPost & AfterCancel events, set UniDBGrid.ReadOnly:=true;

In code:

procedure TMainForm.UniFormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
{$ifdef COMPILER_14_UP}
  with FormatSettings do
{$endif}
  begin
    DateSeparator:='/';
    CurrencyFormat:=0;
    CurrencyString:='$';
  end;

UniDBGrid1.ReadOnly:=True;
end;

procedure TMainForm.btEditClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
  if ClientDataSet1.IsEmpty then Exit;

UniDBGrid1.ReadOnly:=False;

ClientDataSet1.Edit;
end;

procedure TMainForm.btAppendClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
  UniDBGrid1.ReadOnly:=False;

ClientDataSet1.Append;
end;

procedure TMainForm.ClientDataSet1AfterCancel(DataSet: TDataSet);
begin
end;

procedure TMainForm.ClientDataSet1AfterPost(DataSet: TDataSet);
begin
end;

The solution seems to work fine at first, but on the second time you try to do editing by clicking btAppend or btEdit then Ajax error happened:

O13.rdonly=false;O60.setDisabled(true);O64.setDisabled(false);O68.setDisabled(false);O78.setText("dsEdit");delete O13_Cols;delete O13.view.cachedColumns; OC7=new Ext.grid.column.Column({ogrid:O13,sortable:false,dataIndex:"0",renderer:_rndcll_,rdonly:false,locked:true,text:"Id No",align:"right",ct:"number",width:94,editor:{xtype:"textfield"}});OC7.nm="OC7";OC7.editor.focusDisabled=true; OC8=new Ext.grid.column.Column({ogrid:O13,sortable:false,dataIndex:"1",renderer:_rndcll_,rdonly:false,text:"Last Name",width:124,editor:O2E});OC8.nm="OC8";O2E.name="1";OC8.editor.focusDisabled=true; OC9=new Ext.grid.column.Column({ogrid:O13,sortable:false,dataIndex:"2",renderer:_rndcll_,rdonly:false,text:"First Name",width:94,editor:O3C});OC9.nm="OC9";O3C.name="2";OC9.editor.focusDisabled=true; OCA=new Ext.grid.column.Column({ogrid:O13,sortable:false,dataIndex:"3",renderer:_rndcll_,rdonly:false,text:"Phone Ext.",width:72,editor:O38});OCA.nm="OCA";O38.name="3";OCA.editor.focusDisabled=true; OCB=new Ext.grid.column.Column({ogrid:O13,sortable:false,dataIndex:"4",renderer:_rndcll_,rdonly:false,text:"Hire Date",cf:"d/m/Y",ct:"datetime",width:112,editor:O88});OCB.nm="OCB";var e=O88;if(e.picker){e.picker.destroy();delete e.picker;};O88.name="4";OCB.editor.focusDisabled=true; OCC=new Ext.grid.column.Column({ogrid:O13,sortable:false,dataIndex:"5",renderer:_rndcll_,rdonly:false,text:"Salary",align:"right",cf:"$$0,0.00",ct:"float",width:86,editor:{xtype:"textfield"}});OCC.nm="OCC";OCC.editor.focusDisabled=true; OCD=new Ext.grid.column.Column({ogrid:O13,sortable:false,dataIndex:"6",renderer:_rndcll_,rdonly:false,text:"Work Start",cf:"H:i",ct:"time",width:71,editor:O8C});OCD.nm="OCD";O8C.name="6";OCD.editor.focusDisabled=true; OCE=new Ext.grid.column.Column({ogrid:O13,sortable:false,dataIndex:"7",renderer:_rndcll_,rdonly:false,locked:true,text:"City",width:88,editor:O32});OCE.nm="OCE";O32.name="7";OCE.editor.focusDisabled=true;var O13_Cols=[OC7,OC8,OC9,OCA,OCB,OCC,OCD,OCE];O13.reconfigure(null,O13_Cols);O13.uniConfigColumns();OC7.setElProp({"text-align":"left"},null,0,null,null,"titleEl");OC8.setElProp({"text-align":"center"},null,0,null,null,"titleEl");OCC.setElProp({"text-align":"left"},null,0,null,null,"titleEl");_sge_(O13,0,0,true);

What could be wrong?

Hi,

1. When I'm editing a record by double-clicking the grid, UniDBGrid1.DataSource.State is dsBrowse. Is this a bug? Because when I do editing by clicking the edit button in the UniDBNavigator1 or by code, UniDBGrid1.DataSource.State is dsEdit (correct behaviour).

We will analyze it.

2, 3

And what if you will use 'another form' to edit and insert record?!

4. How to change the Caption and give icons to the Confirm and Cancel buttons?

Can you try this approach for now?!:

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/5436-change-update-cancel-captions-in-roweditor/&do=findComment&comment=27782

Best regards,

Hello Delphi Developer,

For complex data entry, I would use a separate form like you said. But for simple data entry it is simpler to use grids. And UniDBGrid is very very good grid with built-in row editor functionality.

I think question no 2 & 3 is important for good code, because we can have most control over the whole process of receiving input from user, validate it, posting it to the database and also do some processing before and after the post. This will be valuable.

For question no 4, I will try it.

Thanks

Hello Delphi Developer,

I have put

Ext.grid.RowEditor.prototype.cancelBtnText = "This is cancel";
Ext.grid.RowEditor.prototype.saveBtnText = "This is update";

in MainForm.Scripts, but it doesn't work. The caption is still Confirm and Cancel.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

sorry i just ordering my co worker to ask to u :D

so the problem still the same.. also i try the change caption commit and cancel button still not work..

MainForm.Scripts ... add:

Hi,

also i try the change caption commit and cancel button still not work..

MainForm.Scripts ... add:

Can you try this approach ?!:

UniDBGrid1 -> ClientEvents -> ...

function afterrender(sender, eOpts)
{
    var edPl=sender.editingPlugin;
    if (edPl && edPl.isRowEditor) {
        edPl.saveBtnText='Confirm!';
        edPl.cancelBtnText='Cancel!';
    };       
}

Best regards,

Hello,

I have not tried UniGUI again in a few months. Do someone have answers for question no 1 - 3?

2. How to make it so that UniDBGrid1 can't be edited by double click but can be edited by code (eg. by clicking btAppend or btEdit) ?

3. How to make the Confirm and Cancel button dissapear when editing in RowEditor mode? I want to use another buttons outside the grid to do Post and Cancel by myself because I have several things to do before & after post (I can't use ClientDataset1.BeforePost & AfterPost events because the code will look bad).

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Delphi Developer, I am experiencing the same problem  signaled by jrp at point 1:

When I'm editing a record by double-clicking the grid, UniDBGrid1.DataSource.State is dsBrowse. Is this a bug? Because when I do editing by clicking the edit button in the UniDBNavigator1 or by code, UniDBGrid1.DataSource.State is dsEdit (correct behaviour).

Has this been fixed in recent versions ?

I'm running on build 1401...

Thank you

Thank you Delphi Dev.

jrp, if you want to achieve the behaviour at point 2,  add the following proc to the OnStateChange handler for the datasource bound to your dataset:

procedure TMainForm.SRCconfig_LKStateChange(Sender: TObject);
begin
  if (Sender as TOraDataSource).State in [dsEdit, dsInsert] then
    begin
      GRDconfig_LK.Options:=GRDconfig_LK.Options+[dgEditing];
      GRDconfig_LK.SetFocus;
    end
  else
    GRDconfig_LK.Options:=GRDconfig_LK.Options-[dgEditing];
end;

Hi arilotta,

Thank you for the workaround. I have not tried it yet, but looking at your code, I think it will work.

I hope someday it will be fixed in UniGUI so programmers can expect same behaviour in UniGUI like in VCL.

• 2 months later...

Find another way to modify the text of roweditor's 'confirm' and 'cancel' button.

in unibasicgrid unit,change the red color code to your string. (the old version)

Or in Vcl.consts unit,change the value of SMsgDlgCancel and SMsgDlgConfirm.

procedure TUniBasicGrid.ConfigLoadCompleted;
begin
  if FHeaderTitle<>'' then
  begin
    JSConfig('title', [FHeaderTitle]);
    JSConfig('titleAlign', [GetAlignWebText(FHeaderTitleAlign)]);
  end;

if FCellCursor<>crDefault then
    JSAssign('xcursor', [Cursor2Web(FCellCursor)]);

if not FStripeRows then
    JSConfigObject('viewConfig', 'stripeRows', [FStripeRows]);

if not FTrackOver then
    JSConfigObject('viewConfig', 'trackOver', [False]);

if gcfgSupportsEditor in FInternalConfig then
  begin
    if FRowEditor then
    begin
      JSConfigPlugin('Ext.grid.plugin.RowEditing',
        [
          'pluginId','uniGridEditor',
          'isRowEditor', True,
          'cancelBtnText', uniRemoveAmp(SMsgDlgCancel),
          'saveBtnText', uniRemoveAmp(SMsgDlgConfirm)
          'clicksToEdit', FClicksToEdit,
          'editorCfg', JSObject([
            'listeners', JSObject([
              'beforehide', JSObject([
                'fn', JSFunction('me', 'return(me.canhide === true)'),
                'scope', JSStatement('this')
                ])
              ])
            ]),
           'listeners', JSObject([
              'beforeedit', JSObject([
                'fn', JSFunction('me, context', 'return (!context.grid.rdonly)')
              ])
            ])
          ]
      );
    end
    else
    begin
      JSConfigPlugin('Ext.grid.plugin.CellEditing',
        [
//          'triggerEvent', 'cellfocus',
          'pluginId','uniGridEditor',
          'clicksToEdit', FClicksToEdit
        ]
      );
    end;
  end;

Hi,

Find another way to modify the text of roweditor's 'confirm' and 'cancel' button.

in unibasicgrid unit,change the red color code to your string. (the old version)

Or in Vcl.consts unit,change the value of SMsgDlgCancel and SMsgDlgConfirm.

Which edition and build are you using ?