Cannot install after build

compuaid

The instructions specifically state:

10) After building all packages install design time packages by right-clicking and selecting Install in following order:

SynEdit_D20xx.bpl

uniGUIxxdcl.bpl

uniGUIxxChartdcl.bpl

uniGUIxxmdcl.bpl (Plus/Complete Editions only)

It would seem that I am missing a step (or as a new user of RAD Studio, I'm just not quite grasping the concept) as the bpl modules I've compiled don't have an option to install when I right click.  I've found the compiled modules in Explorer but they have a bpl extension and even when I attempt to install them through the Add Package option I am told they are not design time packages.

Farshad,

I don't know if this is a limitation of the Rad Studio 10.2 trial, but when I right click on the uSynEdit_R2021.bp in the project manager after running the build there is no menu option for Install.  Perhaps I am not able to install the components in the Delphi trial environment?  My menu choices are:

• Compile
  • Build
  • Clean
  • From Here >
  • Run
  • Run Without Debugging
  • Build Sooner
  • Build Later
  • Show in Explorer
  • Add...
  • Add New >
  • Add Reference
  • Remove File...
  • Remove Project
  • Save
  • Save As
  • Rename
  • Add to Version Control
  • Activate
  • Sort By >
  • Dependencies
  • Modeling Support
  • Format Project Sources
  • Options

That's it.  No Install.  Maybe that's why I was confused as I'm usually pretty adept at following instructions.  :)

Apparently, I am NOT such a good instruction follower.  I just realized that there are only four items in the project manager that have DCL as part of the package name and when right clicking on those I DO see Install.  Never mind - ID 10 T error!  LOL  Everything installed correctly and the demo compiled and ran fine.  I'm off and running now with my evaluation.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Apparently, I am NOT such a good instruction follower.  I just realized that there are only four items in the project manager that have DCL as part of the package name and when right clicking on those I DO see Install.  Never mind - ID 10 T error!  LOL  Everything installed correctly and the demo compiled and ran fine.  I'm off and running now with my evaluation.

Thanks for update.