Eset Smart Security 9 remove RunTime package

jaromir

Hello,

I have a problem with UniGUI installation packages and Eset Smart Security software.

Depends on UniGUI version - antivirus removes exe files with virus warning.  Is not possible to make any action because Eset recognize (for example runitime 1377 - Generik.FDWTQSR) as trojan and auto remove this file from disk.

I know that is not real virus but maybe is possible to change something in this installation file.

Regards

FMSoft_uniGUI_runtime_1.0.0.1377.exe

Antivirus reports:

Trojan horse - kind of Generik.FDWTQSR

Repaired by file removing

At this moment file FMSoft_uniGUI_runtime_1.0.0.1378.exe is free for this problem. But after few days and after another Eset database upgrade - newest files are recognized as trojan as well.

This had already happened to me with one of our applications. This is because of the heuristic engine.

You can send the exe for analysis and if there is no problem :http://support.eset.com/kb141/?viewlocale=en_en 

it will be removed alerts during the future update of the antivirus if it is a false positive.

The latest update to my AVG business edition (ver 16.143.2.51391) has started to block a UniGui App with 'General Behavior detection' as the reason.

Excluding the location of the implicated exe from scanning solves the issue - Heuristic scanning can be a bit over zealous.

Luckily I have not had to convince a client's skeptical IT department with this as yet! - it's bound to happen sooner or later.