Changing dbgrid paging properties at runtime

estrify

Hi,

I have a paged dbgrid that has akRight and akBottom anchors. At runtime, when I change PageSize of the grid to adapt its content to the available space after a form resizing, the paging bar does not update its initial parameters. How can I update them?. Sure I am missing something trivial but if not, is there a workaround to achieve this result??

Thanks in advance...

Probably you need to call Refresh method of Grid.

Thanks for response. But by now, this is insufficient...

However, I have found a way to workaround this... Please, consider add the dynamic changing of the PageSize as a new feature... By now, here is how to achieve it:

dbgrd.WebOptions.PageSize:=iNewPageSize; /* for now this has no effect. Only to be "clean" */
UniSession.AddJS(
    dbgrd.JSName+'.getStore().pageSize='+IntToStr(iNewPageSize)+';'+
    dbgrd.JSName+'.getStore().load({params: { limit: '+IntToStr(iNewPageSize)+' }});'+
    dbgrd.JSName+'.getView().refresh();'
);

One more question: in UniDBGrid, is there a way to retrieve the total height of headers (considering grouping and so on) and the pager??

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Also you can try to use this plugin for now

and I think this plugin can be added in future versions:

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/4210-pagesize-extension-for-unidbgrid/

One more question: in UniDBGrid, is there a way to retrieve the total height of headers (considering grouping and so on) and the pager??

If I understand you correctly, you can get them something like this (on the client side):

MainForm.UniDBGrid1.pagingBar.getHeight();
MainForm.UniDBGrid1.headerCt.getHeight();

Best regards.

Thanks for the answer...

The plugin is very useful but I need to adjust paging automatically to the available space exactly ... This is why I need the height of different components to calculate the number of lines to be displayed avoiding to show grid's vertical scroll bar... I have already achieved it... Thanks a lot..

Regards,

• 1 year later...

Hello everyones !

Is there a way to get 'UniDBgrid1.store.currentPage' by programmatically ?

For now the only solution I found is to make an ajaxRequest with this prop in order to access it in delphi ...

Thanks for your time ! (:

Edit: Okay I did not really think this through.. it very simple currentPage := Ceil((Recno * total nbr of page) / RecordCount) ... could you add a property "CurrentPage" as there is CurrRow, CurrCol .. ? :D

Edit: Okay I did not really think this through.. it very simple currentPage := Ceil((Recno * total nbr of page) / RecordCount) ... could you add a property "CurrentPage" as there is CurrRow, CurrCol .. ? :D

Or something like that:

CurrPage = UniDBGrid1.DataSource.DataSet.RecNo div UniDBGrid1.WebOptions.PageSize + 1

Yeah, the approach is even simpler ! ^^

What about setting the current page programmatically ?

In JS I've seen that UniSession.AddJS(UniDBGrid1.JSName+'.store.loadPage(1);'); is working, but maybe there is a way in delphi ? :3