Layout: advanced tutorial

mhmda

Hello everybody,

It's very important to understand the layout and the best way to learn them is by practicing, and here is a project showing how to design a dashboard in uniGUI using layouts, I have searched the internet for a dashboard and found this one and this project for you.

I hope this will help you understand layouts.

Plus: responsive content ! + UniCharts (Pie & line) - try to resize your browser, and try to refresh page to see random results for the charts.

Online demo here: http://5.189.151.122:xxxx

Download project (with .exe) http://3msoft.net/mhmd/layout.rar

layout_1.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

Here the Client-side is responsible for the alignment and layout, the other way is using server side to to do the calculation and layout, for best results always use client-side and layout properties.

If you want a detailed explanation let me know.

It is very interesting mohammad, thank You !

This is my main ignorance in UniGui technology. I think this should be most documented subject because this is main Delphi difference.

So, could You confirm:

There are Layout, Layout Attribs and Layout Config properties (available depends of used component). When I fill this values - layout positioning is at the client side.

When I use Alignment properties (like a delphi plain app) - layout calculation is at the server side - which I think is slower and increase server load.

But - the both methods gives the same results ? I mean for example browser type dependency. For example: is Alignment technology safer for some browsers ?

There are Layout, Layout Attribs and Layout Config properties (available depends of used component). When I fill this values - layout positioning is at the client side.

When I use Alignment properties (like a delphi plain app) - layout calculation is at the server side - which I think is slower and increase server load.

Correct. When you want to use client-side layout management don't forget this (for forms and panels):

clnt.png

At the end when client-side managing layout it means the Sencha Extjs is managing that and Sencha Extjs is cross browser and you can count on it.

I think the power of unigui is that it uses Sencha Extjs/Touch for client side and Object pascal for back-end and these two tools are very trustful.

For us to make it easy and to understand unigui we should understand the web concept (client/server) and Extjs/Touch for that I always refer to Sencha Extjs API they have an excellent documentation. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

So I'm curious did you do anything further with adding additional forms?  I tired setting a 2nd form's parent to the panel under UniPanel2 in the project, but it would never resize correctly.  Driving me crazy!  LOL

Parent panel should have a 'fit' layout so its child Form will occupy all client area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...