V1 RC

MarkLince

Hi,

I'm new here, been looking for a long time at web development options for Delphi and finally arrived here and so far I am blown away!  so far its ticking all my boxes so my company is looking to buy a licence soon.

I've been reading a lot of forum posts and generally doing due diligence before purchase because it is and has been a long time in beta. The more I read the more comfortable I feel about that, especially when I saw the new topic appear on version 1 release candidate. 

Unfortunately, I seem not to have access to that topic so I'm going to ask some specific questions here, if thats OK.

1. Are there likely to be any changes to the present licencing options/ scope and prices once version 1 is released, or indeed just prior to release?

2. Will UniGui version 1 include current version of Ext Js, V6.x I believe?

3. If no Ext Js 6 in UNIGui 1 then when might that be implemented and what impact is that likely to have on existing UniGui aps using Ext Js 4.2?

Thats it for now and thanks in advance.

Mark

PS sorry if my questions seem newbie, its because ... well I am!!

• Administrators

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in uniGUI!

Let me answer your questions:

1) Licensing options will not change, but we may make a change to the price. In any case we will announce here 15 days prior to price change.

2) V1.00 will be based on Ext JS 4.2.5, but immediately after that we will start porting to the most recent Ext JS version which is 6.2.

3) You can expect it in version 1.1, but I can't give an exact time frame. For uniGUI applications that are developed using Ext JS 4.2 it will be a transparent upgrade unless you have used Ext JS event handlers which are not compatible with Ext JS 6.

Thanks,

I saw this note before, but I thought that v1 will have extended source. As I understand - no. I suppose that this is clone protection but even big component suite (as devexpress) has full source. I'm sorry but this is security question. Without full source it's not possible to manage without Your help.

But this is Your place - I respect Your rules.

Thank You.

• Administrators

Thanks,

I saw this note before, but I thought that v1 will have extended source. As I understand - no. I suppose that this is clone protection but even big component suite (as devexpress) has full source. I'm sorry but this is security question. Without full source it's not possible to manage without Your help.

But this is Your place - I respect Your rules.

Thank You.

Source code policy will be relaxed in future, but I can not say the exact time.