3rd party grid usage

jaromir

Hello,

I'm new trial UniGui user. I started to port my existing application to UniGui and it's quite easy. One thing which is complicated to me is Grid control because it hasn't non data aware mode.

I mean all my data is in memory lists I don't use any datasets.So for now i copy data lists to MemDataSets and it works but still are a lot of small issues with this approach. For example I can't read selection records from grid but i have to read from dataset, the same focused record.

I know very well Devexpress VCL. They have HTML5 widgets for jQuery too. And here is my question. It is possible to use this with UniGui? Will it works and will have full functionality ? Is this safe to use external visual components ? I'm not expert in web programing so it's hard question for me.

https://js.devexpress.com/WebDevelopment/DataGrid/

Thanks

Jaromir

Thanks,

During UniGui testing I discovered two disadvantages (for me of course).

1. Grid

Unable to load plain memory data (without Dataset) and read focused and selected records (straight from grid component).

2. ActionLists

Actions OnUpdate event is not called. I searched forum and there was no one who ask about it. I'm surprised about it because automatic setting action enable/disable at OnUpdate for me is first reason tu use action.

As mentioned I'm trial user but I consider to buy license. Maybe will be possible to write TGrid (TDBGrid) without Dataset property on the grounds of current TDBGrid source code (as I understand this source is included in some UniGui versions). Or maybe better there is TDBGrid predecessor which have what I need.

This is a perfect use for a KbmMemTable..

you can load the data from a datastream, list etc.. and treat it like a DB.

Why don't you like this approach?

Thanks,

During UniGui testing I discovered two disadvantages (for me of course).

1. Grid

Unable to load plain memory data (without Dataset) and read focused and selected records (straight from grid component).

2. ActionLists

Actions OnUpdate event is not called. I searched forum and there was no one who ask about it. I'm surprised about it because automatic setting action enable/disable at OnUpdate for me is first reason tu use action.

As mentioned I'm trial user but I consider to buy license. Maybe will be possible to write TGrid (TDBGrid) without Dataset property on the grounds of current TDBGrid source code (as I understand this source is included in some UniGui versions). Or maybe better there is TDBGrid predecessor which have what I need.