Version 1

ghamm

Hi,

I have been following this product with great hopes for over 3-4 years.. I wrote an app with it about 4 years ago, it worked ok but had some kinks.

Now, I and looking at using it again. Ive been reading and all of you seem to speak highly of it..

Im confused.. If it seems stable enough to write real apps with it, why is it still in beta 4 years later?

Are they/You afraid to release a real version because of liability issue? Is it not stable enough after all of these years to have a non  beta version? To me, just glancing at it, it looks like it is ready for prime time.. What am i missing?

Gordon

Gordon Gordon, where you been hiding for 4 years

UniGui Rocks and runs like a dream, version 1 is just a number and it's around the corner

Look at Delphi, we are on 10.1 update 2, where does it stop, thought it was going to stop at Delphi 6

now what you are missing is a great product, which in my opinion and others here too, leaves others standing

• Upvote 1

I have no doubt what you are saying is  true.. I just wonder why for 5 years, its still called beta. It seems stable enough to be considered a real release. Beta gives the notion that its still not stable..

I am going to buy it, but I wont lie, I have some concerns..

When you go to buy the product, you are met with

Before you proceed.

Please take it into consideration that these products are not fully finished and currently in last stages of beta mode. They may lack important features such as proper API documentation, user guide and other related materials.

Im just wondering if what the timeline is for a release..

Gordon

• Administrators

I have no doubt what you are saying is  true.. I just wonder why for 5 years, its still called beta. It seems stable enough to be considered a real release. Beta gives the notion that its still not stable..

I am going to buy it, but I wont lie, I have some concerns..

Hi Gordon,

There is no doubt that current version is much more stable and feature rich compared to 5 years ago. In past 5 years uniGUI went under three major architecture changes. Only after final architecture change which happened 2 years ago I can say that it is ready for version 1.0.

After that we continued improving uniGUI by adding tons of new features and fixing bugs. Current source code is ready for version 1.00. The only thing that is remained is finishing documents and API reference.

I agree that we have remained in beta mode so long that people have started to question development speed and our dedication to this project, but if you have a closer look you will see that we are adding new features and fix bugs continuously. 

Having said that, you can expect v.100 in early 2017.

Thank you

Hello Gordon,

I've been using UniGui since version 0.88.0.910 (2011), and have always used it in production. ;). And I can say that the unigui is very stable, I am proof of that.

Today I already have 14 applications running in production, all using unigui, I have applications that already exceed 100 concurrent users without any problem.

• Upvote 1

Ola Gordon

Conheci o unigui a cerca de 4 anos atrás, contudo na época trabalha como desenvolveder em uma software house e lá não houve avanços em projetos para utilizá-lo. Contudo ano passado iniciei minha própria empresa de análise e desenvolvimento de projetos para automação comercial, e estamos utilizando totalmente unigui.

Temos hoje mais de 200 clientes aos quais possuem em média cerca de 10 a 15 estações de trabalho, com um número siginificante de transações. Unigui tem sido satisfatório e respondido as nossas espectativas.

No princípio e hora outra, ainda nos deparamos com algumas dificuldades, mas dado os segmentos de nossos clientes, e a necessidade de interação com periféricos nas estações de trabalho. Esse tem sido o maior desafio, tais como comunicação com binas de telefones, balanças, emissor de tickets - impressão direta  sem preview. 

Posso dizer que estou muito satisfeito com o projeto unigui, e com o suporte que toda a equipe nos fornece, bem como suportar ainda o nosso desespero as vezes quando no calor do fogo com alguma questão nos socorrem, e tem paciência com a gente.

Até mesmo conexão remota eles se dispõe a fazer para nos socorrer.

Então deixo aqui os meus mais sinceros agradecimentos a toda a equipe que trabalha neste projeto, bem como todos que participam deste forum.

Penso que vale a pena sim investir e acreditar.

Hello Gordon

I met unigui about 4 years ago, but at the time I worked as a developer on a software house and there were no advances in projects to use it. However last year I started my own company analysis and development project for commercial automation, and we are using totally unigui.

We now have more than 200 customers with an average of 10 to 15 workstations with a significant number of transactions. Unigui has been satisfactory and met our expectations.

At the beginning and another time, we still face some difficulties, but given the segments of our customers, and the need for interaction with peripherals on the workstations. This has been the biggest challenge, such as communication with phone bays, scales, ticket issuer - direct printing without preview.

I can say that I am very satisfied with the unigui project, and with the support that the whole team provides us, as well as endure our despair sometimes when in the heat of the fire with some question we are aided, and have patience with us.

Even remote connection they are willing to do to succor us.

So I leave here my sincere thanks to all the team that works on this project, as well as everyone who participates in this forum.

I think it's worth it yes in

• Upvote 2

OK, Good news. I was able to get my old project (About 5 years old) to compile with  just a few changes. When doing dialogs in the past, you need to use a call back function. My question is, I assume that is still the case? Or is there any way to make the app more modal?

Gordon

The current version of unigui already enables showmodal, as well as the return of showmessage without having to pass a callback method.

if form.showmodal = mrOK then

begin

wait close form and result

continue

end;

if showmessage(...) = mrYes then

In mainmodule property:  enableSynchronousOperations = true

Ok, got my old code to work fine.. Really liking it.. I have one complaint, not sure what can be done if anything.. I have a grid, I use to ordering product. The columns are UPC,Description, Price, Quanity

I ONLY edit quanity. Normally, I lock the first 3 columns.. and only scroll through the last one "Quanity"

1. Is there a way to lock the first 3 columns?

2. Is there an easy way to do data entry on the last column? Right now, I need to double click on each cell to edit.. Anyway to simply arrow through my rows?

Gordon

THanks.. This not exactly what I was after.. I was wanting one solid line on the first three columns. I dont want the user to think they can edit those cells. Like FixedCols in Delph grid. Not the end of the world if it wont work..

I just dont like having the user think they can edit those first 3 columns/cells.

It looks like I can do it with the string grid, but NOT the dbgrid.. Weird