uniGUI Mobile vs FireMonkey - what better for business app ?

elGringo

Dear All! I want to write a little application for Android and iPhone that doesn't need any camera, or hardware or phone book...

Only business logic

Tested simple apps on FireMonkey on 3 devices - Lenovo S60, Sony Xperia and Samsung DUOS - Result - only on Lenovo S60 it started OK - on other devices it wasn't found in Target Folder in spite of latest SDK...

Same test on UniGUI mobile - All is Ok on three devices!!! So, as I know UniGui mobile needs only internet and browser on device and it will start on any device - Android, iPhone, WindowsPhone, etcetra.

My question - how good is uniGUI in practice? What invisible stones for UniGUI developer? Please share your experience. Maybe it needs only Google Chrome browser?

Also - how it is better to give this app to the customer? As a link or to wrap it to TWebBrowser in FireMonkey app?

Strong point of FireMonkey is graphic and Animation - what about it in uniGUI mobile??

Hello ElGringo,

I will spend my experience fast at the beginning also had these doubts. In my case I developed an application in FireMonkey, but it has a TWebBrowser, this is already my second application.

It is not yet complete.

As for me - a lot of variants - that's good. But without experience - it is complicated to understand what decision is better!!!

On the one hand FireMonkey - is powerful framework but what I don't like is

-It will not work on all devices, as I understood  on Intel Processors. So part of customers will be angry))).

-I can't work with MySQL directly from FireDac -need to use DataSnap or some other components

My doubts about UniMobile

- i didn't work with it at all. How is it in work? How are your customers - are they happy?

-half a year ago i tried some Hello World App - but stoped on centering the button - in Delphi code I centered the button but on the fact button wasn't in center - so i thought that moment that UniMobile maybe not ready for production or I am wrong in something.

What i like in UniMobile - we have one code - for all devices and platforms, as I understand for correct work we need only

-Connection to the Web

-Mobile Browser - but which one better? Is any difference? Is jQuery works good with different ones or Google Chrome better for example?

For me there are still some variables open.

-I Can not work with MySQL directly from FireDac -need to use DataSnap or some other components

this was also a strong point for me (I started working with DataSnap, however gave up many errors and memoryleaks).

The UniGui Mobile has improved a lot, but some things have to do directly css and js.

What i like in UniMobile - we have one code - for all devices and platforms, as I understand is correct work we need only

-connection To the Web

Right, me too.

For now the unigui mobile is listening, my clients are happy, some customers are complaining usability, gradually I am getting better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

We use ungui+unidac, beside that if you use 'native' apps for iOS/Abdroid it will not run on all android devices just in specific devuces with specific cpu, so my advice using hybrid mobile with unigui, we have alot if apps in production for several years and it works as expected

A.O.A  Mohammad

1. You mean to say "Delphi Native App" + UniDAC is not 100% compatible with all devices where App can run.

2. And developing UniGui+UniDAC is right solution because such web app runs in the mobile browser and UniDAC runs on the server. Am I right?

But in this way, if UniGUI App has more than 2k or 3K, or above users, then there will be high resource required on the server.

Please share your experience. We are thinking of developing a solution that will run both on desktop and mobile, of course with UniGUI. We are excepting all clients above 1k or above.

Both Apps will use the database. We are unexpected about UniGUI at the moment. Please share your experience, suggestions and roughly resource usage.

I hope this will be a great information for UniGUI community.

Best regards