Buttons disappear from Confirm Dialog

FastCards

Farshad: No custom CSS in my app.

The problem started last Tuesday, before then there were no reported issues. We did not upgrade our app or change anything else on our server so I am working on the basis that it is a problem external to our own code. Changing the text in the Confirm box (making it longer) is the workaround.

CAI Sistemas: I haven't tried the submenu thing but there are other seemingly unrelated things that affect the buttons. For instance, in our app clicking a different button (which displays longer text) then clicking the problem button makes the buttons appear. 

Happy to say that we upgraded over the weekend and the live system is now showing the buttons, mercifully.

I think Weird bugs needs weird tests,for me the bug is related to the chrome engine like Farshad said,but occurs probably

in a very specific situation,since in EXTJS nobody is complaining about that yet.

The first one:Change the order of Yes or No(There is a message in EXTJS forum in 2011 for something similar that have affected css).

Second:

Downgrade the navigator.

Third:

Test the same navigator in a 32 bits windows,(There were bugs in the past in Chrome that affect just the 64 bits one).

Fourth:Test with other themes.

Fifth:Remove the specific language hifenation like the não.

CSS is probably the most controversy subject in the Web world,Google,Facebook and Sencha are struggling to decrease the number of colateral effects in a daily basis,and also have different strategies,thats why whe should never upgrade Browsers or any other stuff in production,before some weeks of testing in UAT.

Marcello

• Administrators

I will make a small

Farshad: No custom CSS in my app.

The problem started last Tuesday, before then there were no reported issues. We did not upgrade our app or change anything else on our server so I am working on the basis that it is a problem external to our own code. Changing the text in the Confirm box (making it longer) is the workaround.

CAI Sistemas: I haven't tried the submenu thing but there are other seemingly unrelated things that affect the buttons. For instance, in our app clicking a different button (which displays longer text) then clicking the problem button makes the buttons appear. 

Happy to say that we upgraded over the weekend and the live system is now showing the buttons, mercifully.

What was your uniGUI versions before and after upgrade?

This Chrome version was a big one.

There are many bugs,they´re suggesting people to use google Canary while they fix the issues.

I found more than one message.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/zlvlLoZum6Q;context-place=topicsearchin/chrome/category$3Areport-a-problem-and-get-troubleshooting-help%7Csort:relevance%7Cspell:false

Tests:

Chrome: 52.0.2743.116 m - BUG

Opera: 39.0.2256.48 - BUG

Firefox: 48.0 - OK

IE: 11.0.14393.0 - OK

Edge: 38.14393.0.0 - OK

UniGui: 0.99.95.1314

Hi Marlon,

Can you make a test case of how you have tested ?!

Best regards.

I´m not a web speciallist yet,but what operational system are you using,

I´m using windows 8.1,really can´t reproduce this error.

Since I´ve found people complaining about fonts ,it would be good to

test it in other versions of windows too.

Update:I´ve acessed marlon Nardi Financeiro and the buttons disapperead ,so

at least in the client side,does not make difference .

Update:I´ve acessed it again in another machine ,the buttons appeared,I answered no,then clicked again and the button disappeared.

Update:In Google Canary the buttons never disappear.

Update:In Google if you open the site in the Incognito mode the buttons don´t disappear anymore.

This is happening with others too,not only UNIGUI.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/5bpXw2cxGVI;context-place=forum/chrome

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38911235/included-google-webfont-not-working

Thank you md9projetus, your link is helpful.

Unfortunately, this issue doesn't seem to be a bug,  but a new spec: https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2016/06/absolute-positioned-children .

A workaround could be to put the "absolute" div into a "relative" div, like this :

< div style = " position: relative ">
  < div style = " position: absolute ">
 < / div >
< / div >

(source: https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/chrome/ZiS3HctBuZs/rpq5SG-YBAAJ )

I really don´t know if it is related to this specific Bug.

Just saying that this realease has broken a lot of backward compatibility.

In fact this is the Google way of doing things,they care  about velocity and be compliant with new specifications,

but they don´t really care about the rest of the world.

Their stuff Dart,Polymer,Angular are granted to run only in the last version of their browser.

If you don´t use Google stuff,the best thing you can do is using FireFox or Edge as your primary browser

or at least have Canary for when things go wrong,because sometimes they release the browsers with real bugs

not only new specifications.

Sencha on the other hand is really carefull about backward compatibility,and is fast enough.

I too got this problem, but only in Chrome, and only using

the mac  yosemite theme, because when using the default blue

theme the buttons are showing in Chrome.

I am running build 1309.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that the function

uniGUIDialogs.MessageDlg(Text, mtConfirmation, mbYesNo)

has a problem on the variable initialization "left"

The Yes and No buttons are visible but in a left position overflow

Look at this screen with Chrome:

post-2430-0-89492000-1472571066_thumb.jpg

Yes, it seems like the left property of the buttons

gets miscalculated at times, in Chrome, and it depends

on the width of the messagebox.

In the case where I have a OKCancel setup, if I push the left property

using JS right after the dialog, the buttons show up in Chrome:

MessageDlg('my message text', mtWarning, mbOKCancel, MyCallBack);

uniSession.AddJS('document.getElementById("button-1005").style.left = "40px";document.getElementById("button-1008").style.left = "140px";');

But of course they are not necessarily centered, but if the text is fixed,

it works, and I think I will use this on a couple of instances.

This problem is really of Chrome,not anything uniGUI related,Maybe FMSOFT could do an workaround

but when Google corrects i,t the Workaround can become a BUG,at least I think so.

In Canary the buttons are allways there.

Today I was using WWW.RECLAMEAQUI.COM.BR with Chrome,had to change it for Firefox

due to the problem of the lost buttons.

It has happened with Sears also some weaks ago.

And if it is a new specification,probably it is up to Sencha to solve it and not FMSoft.

Marcello

Coming from desktop programming to web application programming,

I quickly realized that in this new world it was all about workarounds...

it's a miracle that things work at all :)

I also fill all web programing so fragile.

I wonder what will happen if EXT JS 4.2 will not be supported any more, uniGUI is still in 4.2 and something breaks.

How fast can uniGUI be migrated to EXT JS 6?

We think to develop a web interface to our app but it looks that uniGUI is moving to slow.

BTW, I'm new here and wonder how fast a new Delphi version is supported by uniGUI?