Interacting with an application on the client machine

herculanojs

(1) local Application has a server component, you "talk" to this server what to do

(2) local Application has a registered URI: You call a Linkt with this URI. For Example a link tel:12345 starts a phone app calling this number. You can use your own URI.

What I do, it is to have one server on the local machine that will receive the web client (unigui) commands to perform something. As I can not eg print direct a POS through door, send the command to the server on the local machine and this would do what I want.

Client machines should send events into your unigui app, which in turn will connect and send commands to the other server(s). This way you only need to configure firewall and other required services on your unigui server, not on every client.

The truth is I need to interact with devices on the client machine. As via browser got nothing so far, the solution I'm finding is via HTTP between client / server and browser / http in client / desktop. So the client / desktop will perform the task of communicating with the device / port / read I need

Got it, let's see if you can understand me.

How do I communicate with a balance of weight, a printer COM port, LTP, POS, in a client station? The server does not have access to such equipment, which are installed on the client station. My need is just to communicate with the client station, preferably via the browser / unigui aplication. As yet encontrie a response to this, the solution I'm finding is developing a HPP server that is the client stations, which uses time being the user accessing the client in the browser, send requests (intranet) to the HTTP server on the client for it to process the task. I have no different idea, but accepted practical examples.

It took only 15 posts in a thread before you mentioned that hardware is installed on a client machine(s) and not on another server. In that case what you want is impossible from within web application and unigui is not the right tool for your task. A traditional client-server application is required.

ps. Unless you can configure all hardware on all your client machines to be connected to a single server which can issue commands.

Your "solution" was based on Java plugin, which is no longer supported by Chrome, Firefox, Safari and MS Edge.  According to https://qz.io/support/, it needs now a desktop application to be installed on every desktop/client computer :

We currently use demo.qz.io, which works with both QZ-Tray(Desktop app) and QZ-Print(Java Applet). The applet is blocked in Chrome now, so QZ-Tray will be our NPAPI-free solution moving forward.

So Zilav is totally right: it is impossible with only uniGUI, you'll need to install something more on every client computer, to make your wish possible.  Zilav is considering that you can do this "something more" by yourself, you seems to prefer an expensive "out-of-the-box" solution.  That is your choice.