IIS 8.5

fjtrooper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A.O.A Farshad,

"For low to moderate server load those differences can be minimal."

1. Could you please elaborate in numbers like 100, 500, 1000 or 5K or even 10K+ users? Low to Moderate and High.

2. What is your recommendation? IIS, Apache, Standalone or Windows Service.

I know that Rich Stateful Apps requires more resources, a GREAT product like UniGUI.

One simple question about Licencing - My company have 4 developers, one team leader and one project manager. Only developers need UniGui but team lead and project manager rarely need UniGui. How many licences are required? Sorry to ask this question here.

Regards

• Administrators

A.O.A Farshad,

"For low to moderate server load those differences can be minimal."

1. Could you please elaborate in numbers like 100, 500, 1000 or 5K or even 10K+ users? Low to Moderate and High.

2. What is your recommendation? IIS, Apache, Standalone or Windows Service.

I know that Rich Stateful Apps requires more resources, a GREAT product like UniGUI.

One simple question about Licencing - My company have 4 developers, one team leader and one project manager. Only developers need UniGui but team lead and project manager rarely need UniGui. How many licences are required? Sorry to ask this question here.

Regards

1. Probably you start seeing a difference after 100 concurrent users.

2. Standalone is not recommended for production. You can use other options based on your project and preferences.

For licensing.

Everyone who will directly work uniGUI and will install it on his/her PC will need a uniGUI license.

Probably you can start with exact amount of licenses for those who actively work with uniGUI and add new licenses when other developers starts working with it actively.

Thank you Farshad for your reply.

Hope we consider two licenses after further consideration to choose UniGUI as our core web development tool - but feeling lack of third-party components such as we need and schedule component.

We have a scenario discussing at this time in our company and it is very hot. Your answer is the final authority.

Our comany is going to launch a Smart Distribution Application for people who have not much aware of accounting and related knowledge.

We will host this application on our maintained server. We are expecting 1000+ concurrent clients and may increase with the passage of time.

We are considering Delphi+UniGui+UniDAC (FireDAC if you recommend)+FastReport or ReportBuilder (What you recommend?). The App will not have more than 40-50 forms. It will run both on desktop and mobile device (with limited functionality, of course).

- Is it possible to handle such amount of traffic with UniGUI, about 3K to 5K concurrent connection or load balancing is required. Load balancing of stateful application is quite tough due to nature of the state? Correct me if I am wrong.

- What is the least and high-end recommend hardware for 1000 concurrent connections? Please give your approximate idea. We know that will change.

- I think nobody on this forum has put UniGui to this limit, if anybody has done, I request him/her to share. It will be very very useful for the rest of the UniGui users and will have a positive impact on the community.

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Best regards

Hi,

We use a load balancing strategy with multiple IIS servers with multiple deployed pools and applications. Each user is assigned a final application. Each application on average has 8-10 users and concurrently can reach 3-5 users.

With this we have distributed a low load of cpu and memory. During hard work hours 400-500 users can be connected. The main application of unigui has more than 500 forms.

One of the properties we miss and hope it will be implemented is the CDN route to host files extjs, unigui and other js libraries. This topic is discussed here http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/4297-extjs-unigui-cdn/?p=20971

Thank you

post-353-0-13219800-1504718461_thumb.jpg

post-353-0-23732900-1504718473_thumb.jpg

post-353-0-04434700-1504718481_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

Hi,
We use a load balancing strategy with multiple IIS servers with multiple deployed pools and applications. Each user is assigned a final application. Each application on average has 8-10 users and concurrently can reach 3-5 users.
With this we have distributed a low load of cpu and memory. During hard work hours 400-500 users can be connected. The main application of unigui has more than 500 forms.
One of the properties we miss and hope it will be implemented is the CDN route to host files extjs, unigui and other js libraries. This topic is discussed here http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/4297-extjs-unigui-cdn/?p=20971

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for sharing.

Can you explain a bit about your load-balance configuration?

• Upvote 1