Print PDF direct to Printer - Help

herculanojs

I use next solution
1.Install net label printer on server  PC
2.Put any terminal application near you dll for print frp (fastReport) file to need printer

3.Web client just apply on server side to create frp file and exec terminal application with this file path

3.Web client just apply on server side to create frp file and exec terminal application with this file path

I don't recommend to execute anything from within a web process, that can fail under a heavy load.

Instead create a separate service that will monitor designated directory for changes or scan it every few seconds, catch up appearance of report files and handle them.

Even better create a web service to accept report files, and unigui will send generated reports there.

And even more better just to have a printing web service that will accept only parameters for printing and generate/print reports itself, while unigui will be only connecting to it and sending required params. That's the ideal solution.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with zilav - set up a REST server on the local machine connected to the POS

which accepts print jobs, and route the print job to the right client by choosing specific local

machine at login, and have a table linking machine with IP. This is what I will do, as you

need a totally browser-independent solution.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...