0.99.95.1305 Beta unigui verification failed

nurettin

Hi, I downloaded 0.99.95.1305 Beta from the support menu and installation on Berlin 10.1 went fine.

After I rebooted and restarted, I got a messagebox saying "unigui verification failed" and unigui stopped loading during startup. 

After reinstalling, I can't see unigui loading in the IDE startup screen anymore. It's not letting me reinstall. 

When I check paths, $(fmsoft)\UniGui\Dcu and $(fmsoft)\UniTools\Dcu doesn't exist anymore.

Which version do you recommend we download? How to reset this state?

Pls try installing again and get your license directly from our portal during installation.

Are you using a license key you have saved before?

I tried this. Yes, I am using a license key I saved before.

Edit: When I copy and paste from the portal, it doesn't install. (I took special care not to include any spaces), when I click get license key, it seems to install, but it doesn't load in the IDE. There seems to be a state which prevents it from installing to correct locations silently.

Another question: Are you installing on a VM?

Yes, all our development machines are inside of virtualbox, but I did not copy the VM, I just rebooted it.

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators

Hi Farshad,

I'm a new subscriber with a complete pro licence. I use virtuabox and have run into this problem how do I resolve it. I have 2 computers I develop on and usually copy VMs from one to the other without issue. 

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi,

Current license check mechanism doesn't allow this. If you activate VM on one host and then copy it to another host your uniGUI license may become deactivated unless you reinstall it.

I will try to change license activation mechanism to address this issue.

Thanks

Hi Farshad,

Thanks for the quick reply, and it would be great if you were able to change this. In the mean time if I just re-install on my second machine will that work for me or will that cause a problem? How many machines can I install on, I only need 2 (office and home).

Thanks again

Mark

PS Your work is very impressive! 

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

Thanks for the quick reply, and it would be great if you were able to change this. In the mean time if I just re-install on my second machine will that work for me or will that cause a problem? How many machines can I install on, I only need 2 (office and home).

Thanks again

Mark

PS Your work is very impressive! 

yes, you can install on multiple PCs of your own. For example, work PC, home PC, notebook and etc.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hum...

I bought Pro complete a month ago, having the same problem. I have a few laptops, PCs, MacBooks, iMacs, at work and at home, and do use VM for experiments and disposals once done. Lots of people have multiple PCs/Laptops and tablets. No one shares PCs/laptops or phones with their username/password, not even with their family or kids.

What I'd recommend the best is that, the license validate by windows logon username (with admin rights), not by machine.

Thanks,