Wanderer

I'm working with an evaluation copy of uniGUI. I'm having difficulty implementing a uniDBLookupComboBox.

Link the uniDBLookupComboBox to a primary TDataset using the DataSource and DataField properties.

Link the uniDBLookupComboBox to a lookup TDataset using the ListSource, KeyField and ListField properties.

Open the respective datasets.

Insert a new record into the primary TDataset. (This will result in an "empty" row.)

This causes an EVariantTypeCastError exception. 'Could not convert variant of type (UnicodeString) into type (Integer)'

I would appear that the uniDBLookupComboBox is attempting to Locate the corresponding lookup record using a null value from the primary dataset.

Is there a way around this difficulty?

Many thanks,

MV

A project group containing the test case has been sent to the address provided.

To illustrate:

1. Run the app.
  2. Open a web browser in the customary way
  3. Navigate the grid and observe that the dropdown value changes depending on the row contents.
  4. Try changing the row contents by using the dropdown. This works as expected.
  5. Press the Add Row button on the navigator. This causes an exception, presumably because the new row contains null values in all fields.

Thanks for looking at this.

MV