UniGUI strong points

lema

Hi ,

The company I work with is about to begin a new web project.
The task is oriented towards CRM and must have web and mobile editions.

There are some suggestions from web developers for frameworks that we can use.

Unfortunately, as an old fashioned programmer, I know little about web frameworks and as a result I can't compare them to unigui.

I would like your help concerning the suggestion I will need to make for unigui.

What are the strong points that I can put forth?

For example,
Development time
Security during deployment (code can't be stolen)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ,

The company I work with is about to begin a new web project.

The task is oriented towards CRM and must have web and mobile editions.

There are some suggestions from web developers for frameworks that we can use.

Unfortunately, as an old fashioned programmer, I know little about web frameworks and as a result I can't compare them to unigui.

I would like your help concerning the suggestion I will need to make for unigui.

What are the strong points that I can put forth?

For example,

Development time

Security during deployment (code can't be stolen)

Hi!! Personally a recommend Unigui! I've developed a lot of projects using Unigui and I think it's one of the fastest and easiest ways for web development.

I've developed a CRM for using  in our company with also mobile access. Before it we used SAP CRM, but it was very hard to change something and we also had problems with some browsers. With this Unigui CRM users are VERY HAPPY!! 

About code..can't be stolen, it's deployed as dll or standalone EXE server.

best regards

I agree.

I have see the advantages of uniGUI over the 4-5 years of using the framework.

My need for now is a very good presentation of uniGUI to the boss.

I have to give my quotation and a project plan (and a small demo , I have already built).

The whole plan must be competitive against web frameworks.

So , if you have some points that I can focus, please post.

• Administrators

Let me state a few things on this:

1) uniGUI allows developing web apps in a fraction of time needed for other tools. Which means more jobs can be done in less time using few developers.

2) If your code base is already in Delphi it allows you to reuse your existing libraries, forms and data modules.

3) Your app will have a nice UI which is from Sencha Ext JS which can be considered the leading tool in this market.

4) Deployment is small and easy

5) You don't need extra libraries such as dot net, Java and etc.

6) It is native JavaScript on client side. Runtime libraries such as silverlight is not needed.

7) You can develop sophisticated web apps without a need to know much about web technologies.

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

UNIGUI is by far the most productive environment I found.

I have studied Dart+Polymer,some React,have managed programmers in ,NET and Java.

Delphi itself is a very productive tool,UNIGUI just made the bridge between Delphi and EXTJS.

For those who really knows OOP,the so called separation of concerns were allways achieved by

using objects and Visual Form Inheritance,all the navigation and behaviour was done in the form ancestors.

You can have your business rules propagated to the client,so at least for me ,all these MVC environments

just made things more cumbersome.

So you have a very productive IDE,a killer framework EXTJS(even Polymer is not so feature rich)

,the most easy to read code(Object Pascal),good database acess.

Angular and React are really not for ERP development.

And I dont know any other language where You can protect your code like Delphi,obfuscation are not so good as having your DLL.

The money you pay for a tool,is nothing if compared to salaries,testing,and the risk of loosing consumers during the transition.

If you have a good system written in Delphi that needs to be ported,UNIGUI is your only option.

Intraweb is not only ugly for today,it just don´t mimic a Desktop.

Also uniGUI is year ahead of things like DevExpress or Telerik for C#,where Visual Studio basically is used to drop the components in the forms,than you have to do everything using Javascript.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

2) If your code base is already in Delphi it allows you to reuse your existing libraries, forms and data modules.

Hi, Mr. Farshad, could you please indicate in detail how to use existing datamodules in delphi VCL in a unigui project?
note. If possible with source code

• Administrators

Hi, Mr. Farshad, could you please indicate in detail how to use existing datamodules in delphi VCL in a unigui project?
note. If possible with source code

You can simply create a new dataModule from uniGUI wizard and move existing controls to it.

You can also modify exiting DataModule code and turn it into a uniGUI Data module.

• 9 months later...

You can simply create a new dataModule from uniGUI wizard and move existing controls to it.

You can also modify exiting DataModule code and turn it into a uniGUI Data module.

Thanks for your Answer, Could there be an official example of how it is done?