Layout Percentage question

vbdavie

I am using unigui version 0.99.80.1253

Using FireFox version43.0.1

When I use the layoutperc.dfm  and add some controls on it, they don't resize as I would expect. So, I'm probably doing something wrong.

I put a combobox and tabcontrol and mem and several others To the right-most panel. I set the ANCHORS so that the "right" anchor was "true". Thus, I was expecting the control to widen and shrink according to how wide the panel was. So, if I made the form full screen, then all the panels widen. Thus I would expect the controls that had the "right-anchor" to also widen.

This is not happening :(

Therefore, I think I must not be doing something that I should be doing.

Please help

Thanks

Davie

Hi vbdavie;

You can do this with layout properties. It's more efficiant.

For example use border layout for panel placement and inside panel objects use vbox or hbox.

Look Clientside Alignment demos and choose whatever suit your project.

I see the "Layout" property. Many choices.

What I'm trying to do is to make a panel that has TWO charts on it. Simple so far. Then as the window is stretched wider or narrower, I want the two charts to resize so that they always take up have the window. Basically the left chart will be 50% width and the right chart will also be 50% width.

How to do?

Davie

Hi

Set panel's or form's AlignmentControl = uniAlignmentClient then set Layout = HBox

Add your charts and under LayoutConfig properties find Flex and set 1.

This means all your charts in form are created side by side and there will be same size.

If you set one chart's flex different, for example 2, one of them bigger then other (in this case one of them will be 66,6% other 33,3%)

Finally your charts' height won't be 100% of your panel or your form height if you don't set. For do this under LayoutConfig properties find Height

and set 100%.

If you put your charts in a panel you can set align of panel top or client. Or set form's Layout Fit or VBox. Whichever suits your project.