uniGUI app crashes with Authorization Failure: 0x0071

vbdavie

I have apps that had been working perfectly and all of a sudden, today, none of them work. I've tried them on several machines where they "HAD" been working, and no luck.

I didn't change any code in them, they just no longer run. What happens is that I run the EXE or DLL and when I get into the web page, after about 10 seconds.... POOF, I see the "Authorization Failue: 0x0071".

Has anybody run across this?

Very frustrating, I was showing the company's CEO the preliminary work that I had done, and it just gave this error.

Authorization Failed: 0x0071

Restart application

So, I went back to the ZIP file that contained the callback issue and luckily it had the EXE inside the zip that I had uploaded here a couple of days ago.

I ran that exe that was working perfectly AND IT TOO has the same issue. So, I have come to the conclusion that you have something in your core code that gets linked in that now prevents it from running properly. In the past I could be using it for about 180 seconds. Then it would time out. That's fine, even though I can only get about 15 seconds of worthwhile testing because it takes me awhile to get past my login and options screens.

Anyway, it seems that now, this 0x0071 error occurs randomly. Anywhere from ZERO to 30 seconds it blows up with the error.

Any thoughts Farshad?

I'm starting to have a lot of egg on my face and I need to keep the "confidence" level high where I'm doing the work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so.

Re-Cap:

I had 3 debug apps to debug unGUI issues and 1 demo app used to show off the uniGui app. They were all running on two differerent machines perfectly fine until today. Now none of them work on any machine.

Davie

• Administrators

Any thoughts Farshad?

I'm starting to have a lot of egg on my face and I need to keep the "confidence" level high where I'm doing the work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so.

Your edition has been expired!

Please get the new Trail edition which is available to download from our forums.

Let me remind that many companies only allow a 30-45 days trial period.

Currently we don't enforce such a limit, but each uniGUI Trial build has an internal expiration date which is extended in each new build.

Yes, the message from app can be more clear, but when expiration date arrives Delphi IDE refuses to load uniGUI packages with a clear "License is Expired" message in a message box. So if you have opened Delphi today you should have seen this message and it would give you the idea.

My XE3 is flaky on run debug run for most of my apps. When I finally DO get it to not crash<IDE>, I simply keep XE3 up and running. So, my XE3 stays running for many many days at a time. Sometimes up to a week. I found out recently, most of the issues were from the buggy SmartBear add-on that came with XE3.

Off-topic posts erased... moderation completed!

Now better keep our focus on technical issues.

Very funny.

So that I don't have an issue in the future about replying about version numbers, tell me what I should reply with so that you know that I replied. I don't mind that you removed my post, but I need to know what I did wrong in relation to version numbers, so that I do NOT goof up in the future. I pointed out that I replied to all but one, but it must not have been in the expected manner and I just need to know the expected manner.

I am asking for guidance. I think it's possible there is a language barrier, so I'm really trying to comply.

Davie

• Administrators

Very funny.

So that I don't have an issue in the future about replying about version numbers, tell me what I should reply with so that you know that I replied. I don't mind that you removed my post

I removed those posts to put an end to this useless discussion. There's a chance that we've misunderstood each other here and there, but since I have removed all posts from all people there is no need to complain about this and no point to post any further on this matter.

From now on all off-topic posts will be directly deleted.

Here I asked about version which you've mentioned. OK. Then I've asked for your edition (trial or not) which you haven't mentioned.

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/5688-dbgrid-checkbox-not-working/?p=29051

You are correct sir. I gave you the version number, and did NOT tell you if it was trial. Sorry. I am new to this project and thought the version number was good enough. Sorry to disappoint. From now on I will always start a topic with version number and if it's a trial or not.

Thanks for your wonderful understanding on this matter.

Davie

• Upvote 2