Checkbox in a list / NO DB

vbdavie

I had a topic on TListView and no replies :(

I am in dire need to have a list shown to the user and to let the user "checkmark" the items they want. THEN I have a button that processes all the items that are checkmarked. How to do this?

I know that in the stringgrid, I can click on several items to select "multiple" items, BUT, if the user then accidentally clicks on another item, then it messes up the selections. They are too fragile and the user can mess up the selections without realizing it.

So, a checkbox is more intuitive and you can easily see what's checked and what's not checked. I've looked long and hard and I don't see anything for this.

Did I miss something cool? Seems to me that a checkbox feature in some sort of list would be a key feature. Since the items are manually generated, I can't use any of the DB controls.

Thanks

Davie

Afaik there's no "classic" way to do that (i'm working with 0.99.50.1189). In my case i've got to use a virtual table (TClientDataSet) with a boolean field that has a getter to avoid the "true" and "false" displayed text when linked with dbgrid. I've got to walk the dataset  to obtain the values but i don't have to worry about the checkbox it does its job.
You can try "BMUniDBGrid" too http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/5044-new-bmunidbgrid-with-multiselection-rows-and-popupmenu-vers-098-and-099/ , i'm working with D2007 and i have no time to port it nor try it.
Good luck.

I wonder why there is no "classical" way to show a ListView. Seems like it would be a nice/needed controll. WoW.

Is there a way to know which ROW of a stringgrid that I may have dbl-clicked on?

So, you are saying to use the DBGrid. Now you say you do it in VIRTUAL mode? That would be acceptable if I could load up the data into the "virtual" area by myself.

So "virtual" is the way we can use the DB controls without actually accessing a true database? If that's the case, then I'm all gung-ho. I will take a look at your project to see what I can suck out of it.

Thanks

Davie

Davie, I used to use StringGrids a lot when programming for Windows. When I moved to UniGUI it became clear that StringGrids are too restrictive in many ways and I read up on and tried ClientDataSets. Haven't looked back, definitely worth a try.

Yes, I converted to use the DBGrid and it works PERFECTLY.

EXCEPT for one thing that I noticed. I have a boolean field called "Tag". I use it so that the user can CHECKMARK a record. That "sort-of" works. More on that later. When you click on the checkmark it doesn't always change the checkmark status. I will start a new topic on "DBGrid Checkbox not working" and you will see what I'm talking about. I can demonstrate it with the sample demo app.

Davie

Checkbox in a list / NO DB

While in the process ...

Hi,

Checkbox can be added by changing the boundList.tpl, You can check, Try:

UniListBox1 -> ClientEvents -> ExtEvents -> add function beforerender:
function beforerender(sender, eOpts)
{  
  document.doEvt = function(el) {
    //console.log(el.id);
  };

sender.boundList.tpl.html = '<ul class="x-list-plain"><tpl for="."><table><tr><td id={[Ext.id()]}><input id={[Ext.id()]} type="checkbox" onclick="doEvt(this)"/></td><td width="100%"><li role="option" unselectable="on" class="x-boundlist-item">{val}</li></td></tr></table></tpl></ul>'
}

post-906-0-06352300-1440826685_thumb.png

Next, need to consider further "actions"!

Best regards.

function beforerender(sender, eOpts)
{  document.doEvt = function(el) {console.log(el.id);};
   sender.boundList.tpl.html ='

<ul class="x-list-plain">
      <tpl for=".">
         <li role="option" unselectable="on" class="x-boundlist-item">
            <input id={[Ext.id()]} type="checkbox" onclick="doEvt(this)"/>
            {#}.{val}
         </li>
      </tpl>
   </ul>
   '
}

Dynamically add or delete, serial number is not normal。

UniListBox1.Items.Add('fdsa');

UniListBox1.Items.Delete(UniListBox1.ItemIndex );

Why?

• 1 year later...

Hi Delphi Developer, I found this "old" thread because I wanted to add checkboxes to unilistbox with multiselect=true.

Your solution works, the checkboxes are displayed. But, if inspecting the unilistbox selected property, no row

is marked as selected:

var
  I: Integer;
begin
  for I := 0 to CHKIndicazione.Items.Count - 1 do
    if CHKIndicazione.Selected then
      showmessage(CHKIndicazione.items)
end;

What's the problem ?

Thanks

Andrea

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Delphi Developer, is there a way to have the selection on a UniListBox to be made only with the checkboxes ?

I would like to have the UniListBox.Selected list to be populated only with the checked items, rather than by the 

Ctrl+click and Shift+click events.

Thanks

Andrea

Hi,

Hi Delphi Developer, is there a way to have the selection on a UniListBox to be made only with the checkboxes ?

I would like to have the UniListBox.Selected list to be populated only with the checked items, rather than by the 

Ctrl+click and Shift+click events.

Thanks

Andrea

Well, if follow this approach, you can try this solution:

function beforerender(sender, eOpts) {
    var me = sender,
        list = sender.boundList;

document._chSelect = function(indx) {
        ajaxRequest(me, "checkSelect", ["indx=" + (indx - 1)]);
    };

list.tpl.html = '<ul class="x-list-plain"><tpl for="."><table><tr><td id={[Ext.id()]}><input id={[Ext.id()]} type="checkbox" onclick="_chSelect({#})"/></td><td width="100%"><li role="option" unselectable="on" class="x-boundlist-item">{val}</li></td></tr></table></tpl></ul>';

list.addListener('beforeitemclick', function() {
        return false
    });

list.addListener('beforecontainerclick', function() {
        return false
    })
}
procedure TMainForm.UniListBox1AjaxEvent(Sender: TComponent; EventName: string;
  Params: TUniStrings);
var
  Indx: Integer;
begin
  if EventName = 'checkSelect' then
  begin
    Indx := StrToInt(Params.Values['indx']);
    (Sender as TUniListBox).Selected[Indx] := not ((Sender as TUniListBox).Selected[Indx]);
  end;
end;

ClearSelection:

procedure TMainForm.UniButton1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  UniListBox1.ClearSelection;
  UniListBox1.JSInterface.JSCall('boundList.refresh', []);
end;

Best regards,

Select programmatically:

nth(n) (1 based)

procedure TMainForm.UniButton2Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  UniListBox1.ClearSelection;
  UniListBox1.Selected[1]:=True;
  UniListBox1.JSInterface.JSCode(#1'.el.select("input[type=checkbox]:nth(2)").elements[0].checked=true;');
  UniListBox1.Selected[4]:=True;
  UniListBox1.JSInterface.JSCode(#1'.el.select("input[type=checkbox]:nth(5)").elements[0].checked=true;');
end;