Maybe a stupid question, but what about ExtJs v6 and future releases

stiaan

Hi

I would just like to get some idea of what the roadmap is to keep up to date with Sencha. I see that ExtJs V6 is to be released, and UniGUI is still on V4. Is that something that you can comment on please. I don't see it as a major risk, but keeping up with Sencha does make sense.

Regards

Stiaan

• Administrators

Ext JS 6.0 has been officially released.

Technically speaking, Ext JS 6.0 unifies Ext JS 5.0 and Sencha Touch 2.4 in same framework. Here in Ext JS 6 there are still separate components for Dekstop and Touch.

In Ext JS 6.0 they call desktop components (Ext JS) as Classic UI while they call touch components (Sencha Touch) as Modern UI.

Most probably we will continue to adopt same uniGUI editions after porting to Ext JS 6.0.

uniGUI : Classic UI

uniGUI Complete : Classic UI + Modern UI

• Administrators

This sounds very good indeed. I suspect you have already looked at it? Is this a rewrite of UniGUI? I hope not!

It will not be a rewrite but it will require porting and testing each uniGUI component carefully to make it compatible with Ext 6 component system.

Hi Farshad

I agree that stability should be a priority. I'm just looking at the rate of release between Extjs 5 and 6 and it seems that Sencha is moving fast, which means that UniGUI must stay up to date as well. I suggest you make use of this community to help with the extjs6 port and testing. I'm willing to help and it will cost you $0...  ;)

Regards

Stiaan

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...