Starting with a simple MVVM approach in uniGUI

Hi guys

I want to share with you something that I was waiting for a long time, a very simple MVVM approach for understanding how this design pattern works. Firstly, this work is from Stefan Glienke, the brilliant man behind Spring4D and DSharp, published on Bitbucket. So following Stefan's steps, I adapted the SimpleMVVM (this is how he called it), created for VCL components to UNIGUI componets. This work is on his very first stage, as you will see, there are many things that are hardcoded right now and a very few componets (TEdit, TLabel, TCombobox and TButton), but will be solved in a future. It depends on (IMO) how interested is the community for this subject. The original post is in google. Well, no more words. The SimpleMVVM for UNIGUI is here, on UNIGUI branch.

I hope you enjoy it like I'm.

Best regards

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I want to share with you something that I was wait for a long time, a very simple MVVM approach for understanding how this design pattern works. Firstly, this work is from Stefan Glienke, the brilliant man behind Spring4D and DSharp, published on Bitbucket. So following Stefan's steps, I adapted the SimpleMVVM (this is how he called it), created for VCL components to UNIGUI componets. This work is on his very first stage, as you will see, there are many things that are hardcoded right now and a very few componets (TEdit, TLabel, TCombobox and TButton), but will be solved in a future. It depends on (IMO) how interested is the community for this subject. The original post is in google. Well, no more words. The SimpleMVVM for UNIGUI is here, on UNIGUI branch.

I hope you enjoy it like I'm.

Best regards

Oops, you've found a dead link.

Hi ldb68

Thanks for report it. Stefan Glienke renamed the repository to Knockoff so I. I already updated the links. In few days I will update it with last changes and more components.

PD: With this approach, is implemented a kind of LiveBinding between visual components and objects in ViewModel based on Observable pattern, and it works in UNIGUI.

Thanks