WagnerAlexandre

• Administrators

Fasrhad, while this seems to be big news is not likely to run a windows app under wine. The main problem is all the Iot i mentioned (raspberry PI, beagle bone, ..) run ARM processor and don't run WINE!

You say the problem is you use some winapi to format image, lazarus have FULL support for this. If you want i can help you to convert that parts only, that will be very easy for me.

Regarding to reports, you can offer pdf reports on lazarus, work perfects. Also the support of fast report works, why do you think this don't?

Anyway, i hope you reveal this point. i Will buy a license if you deliver a REAL linux version /that need to be lazarus compilable, sorry) 

My main goal is not using WINE as a primary way of deployment on Linux. It can only be a temporary solution for now, as I noted somewhere above WINE solution couldn't pass our stress tests.

If you look at here

http://www.fast-report.com/en/fast-report-comparison/

You'll notice that FastReport's FPC port still have many shortages. Almost no export filter is available.

Thanks for help offer for FPC port. I'll consider this when I seriously start the task.

I'm a bit familiar with CodeTyphon. What's the main difference from Lazarus?

http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/wiki/84-wiki/codetyphon-studio/72-codetyphon-about

CodeTyphon is the Free "Pascal Visual Programming Studio",

for Cross-Platform Native Development,

with Multi-OS, Multi-CPU, Multi-Platform and Cross-Build abilities.

Yes, it's a Free and Open-Source, "Tera" Programming Studio, 

to build any kind of application, Commercial or Non Commercial.

CodeTyphon has Typhon V-IDE (Visual Integrated Development Environment)+

FreePascal compiler+Tools+Free Components packages+Free Libraries+

tons of samples and all these are Free and Open-Source.

CodeTyphon Programming Studio is completely free of cost for you to develop, enjoy and share.

We believe we should use and distribute the software and it's content, we promote to accomplish our mission of advancing free software.

We provide free alternatives to proprietary code and content to make CodeTyphon completely free and redistributable for everyone.

This way, anyone can use our work for their own purposes, without legal hassles, to further spread free software.

CodeTyphon has been designed to be simple to operate yet powerful enough to fulfill all your professional and industrial programming needs.

We've added many new features to CodeTyphon over the course of its development.

Our focus is on delivering power and usability at the same time and making your software development enjoyable without overloading your senses.

We intend to continue improving and stabilizing CodeTyphon to give you the best programming experience possible.

We hope you will have a good time using CodeTyphon.

If not, please help us make it better by reporting bugs and suggestions to our Forums.

CodeTyphon is licensed as: Freeware.

http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/wiki/84-wiki/codetyphon-studio/223-codetyphon-status

CodeTyphon current version 5.20

• 6 Native OS Host Layers.  
    • Windows 
    • Linux
    • FreeBSD
    • Solaris
    • OpenIndiana
    • MacOS X

• 11 Native OS-CPU Host Layers.  info20.png
    • Windows 32-bits (WinXP, Vista32, Win7-32, Win8-32)
    • Windows 64-bits (Vista64, Win7-64, Win8-64)
    • Linux 32-bits
    • Linux 64-bits
    • FreeBSD 32-bits
    • FreeBSD 64-bits
    • Solaris 32-bits
    • Solaris 64-bits
    • OpenIndiana 32-bits
    • OpenIndiana 64-bits
    • MacOS X 

• 75 (plus) OS-CPU-Platform Target Layers.
    • with native Cross-Build techonogy

•  

• Multi OS-CPU-Platform Installation info20.png and Setup info20.png Systems 
    • With single zip file for all host OSes
    • All In One Directory structure
    • "Build ALL from the source", philosophy 

• Multi OS-CPU-Platform Web Update System info20.png
    • With "One Time Rolling Installation", philosophy 
    • You can update to "CT Current stable" version or "CT Developent Lab" version

• Multi OS-CPU-Platform Programming Architecture for:
    • Compiler.
    • Compiler Packages
    • Visual RAD IDE.
    • Visual RAD IDE Components Packages.
    • Debugger.
    • Help System.
    • Code Samples and Projects.
    • Tools 

• Multi OS-CPU-Platform Control Center info20.png with:
    • Installation Status Session.
    • IDE and Compiler Building and Maintenance Session.
    • Compiler Packagers Control Session.
    • IDE Components Packagers Control Session.
    • GNU Cross-Build Toolchains Builder
    • FreePascal Cross-Build Element Engine front-end.
    • Host OS Script Engine
    • Host OS User Script Session
    • Tools Session.
    • Web Update Manager
    • Web Toolchains Download Manager
    • Web Libraries Download Manager 
  •  

• Multi OS-CPU Cross-Build info20.png Programming Architecture for:
    • Compiler.
    • Compiler Packages.
    • Visual RAD IDE.
    • Debugger.

• Multi Platform (widget) info20.png Native Architecture for:
    • Visual RAD IDE.
    • Tools

• Dual Personality Architecture (MultiArch) info20.png  for:
    • Compiler.
    • Compiler Packages.
    • Visual RAD IDE.
    • Debugger.
    • On Windows64,  Solaris64, OpenIdiana64 and some Linux64 Distributuions, has for FreePascal and Typhon IDE Dual Personality.

• Multi OS-CPU Cross-Build Toolchains Build Engine.  info20.png
  • Multi OS-CPU FreePascal Cross-Build Elements Build Engine.  info20.png
  • Cross-Build Toolchains Web Library.  info20.png
  • Cross-Build OS system files Web Library.  info20.png
  • Typhon Big-IDE , more packages  info20.png  and more functionality. 
  • CodeOcean Sub-Project with about 900 samples for all CodeTyphon packages. 
  • Full Source Code for Typhon IDE, FreePascal Compiler, Components Packages, sample projects and tools.

http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/wiki/86-wiki/codetyphon-studio/installation/167-installation-general

CodeTyphon installation use only one zip file for all host OSes, with "Build from the source" philosophy.

CodeTyphon-1.png

NOTE: You can write all files and folders of "CodeTyphonIns.zip" to a DVD,

in this case for windows OS installation start automatic.

For detail installation:

Windows XP-Vista-7 Windows 8.x-10.x Linux FreeBSD Solaris

OpenIndiana

MacOS X

windows.png Windows8.png linux.png freebsd.png solaris.png

openindiana.png

macos.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

>>Same question can be asked for Delphi itself. Does anyone know how many more years Delphi will stay in the market? Personally I have no idea! >>No company can give such a guarantee for this.

People have been asking this for 15 years,.NET came became the fashion,now the new wave is owned by the Javascript frameworks,ExtJs,Polymer,Reactjs,Angular.

Believe me I had a look at all them,also C# tools that were supposed to do what UNIGUI do.Nothing in the same lavel of builty and easy to use.

Also I did not like the way Angular and Reacjs does things,that stuff is not really for database ERP development.

Dart and Polymer are still too imature with no RAD support.

What I, trying to say is that UNIGUI is a one of a kind project,stay calm and relax.

UniGUI and Delphi are in a simbotic relationship one is revigorating the life of another.

Delphi was bought by Idera a really well positioned company,I wont grant that it would be cheap,but it will stay alive for decades.I´ve heard this weak about an university that decided to stop teachING C# and come back to Delphi ,maybe because they hink the synTax is easier to learn,more natural to begginers.

The problem of Unigui ,is that you the users are too shy,I´ve seem people saying out loud they use another tools that don´t do 50% of Unigui,I can´t believe if could not find it before.

• 4 weeks later...

Its very hard to be a software producer these days.

People want everything,cheap(better if its free and with source),powerfull,that runs everywhere.

But unfortunatelly in the real world things are not so easy.

I´m happy UNIGUI is a commercial product,because at least there are people working on it on a daily basis.

So those who want UNIGUI to be even powerfull than it already is should do 2 things:

1-Start saying to the whole world that you´re producing stunning applications with it,because as much UNIGUI

sells as much resources FM Software will have to inject in it.

2-I Really think UNIGUI will benefit for using Real Thin Client instead of Indy.

It will make difference ,lets say when you 600 connections or more,it will probably much easier to acomplish load balancing

(no need to use sticky load balancing servers).

But guess what:It will take some months to implement,and of course it would make UNIGUI more expensive.

Even DataSnap uses Indy instead of RTC,So even DataSnap could scale more than what it does.

But do you really think that lets say if UNIGUI costs U$ 400 dollars more people would pay for it,I guess no.

Even though it would give us an enourmous advantage.

But all this free framework and open source projects give us the

idea that languages and frameworks should cost nothing or at most , less than 4 goodyear tires.

But how much do you charge for your clients,lets be honest UNIGUI is cheap for what it does.

Probably people from Switzerland,Netherlands,Germany would complain.

We South American will cry like little babies,specially us Brazilians,because our salaries have decreased,and we´re

almost slaves of the goverment.I´m myself unemployed at the moment,but it is not a FM Soft problem.

UNIGUI is already stable,and if you Don´t plain to use it for more than 500 users without Load balance it has a performance

more than acepptable,one can implent himself load balance if he wants by creating its own broker,using RTC load Balance components,

and so on.

I myself don´t think that systems should be multi-tenant,Node.js is not for Web APPS its for websites and WebStores,So Idon´t even know

why people is so upset ,I see people saying UNIGUI should be RestFull.

ERP´s are stateful by nature,it would be an enourmous working for nothing.

ASP.NET MVC is slow and consumes memory,CPU,and bandwith as a drunk man,Microsoft is rewriting it from scratch so it can be at least acceptable.

Their main intention is to use in Azzure farms,where at least for them  resources ,and bandwith are not a concern.

So I think UNIGUI development should not be driven by FAD,and we should care and ask for  what we can pay for,because if Angular,

Ember,React.JS,Backbone,Django were so good we would probably being using them already.

Marcello

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am late to the party.  md9projetos, You are 1000% right.

People should drop their habit to get more and more. UniGui is already quite stable as people said, I have no experience at this time. It should have more features in its existing components as I agree. I am not an expert in UniGui. I am just here to choose a platform for our old Visual FoxPro project. Whether it should be Delphi+UniGui (of course, till now) or PHP, or ASP.Net (not at all, not again) or Oracle ADF (nightmare). 

Deplye ASP.Net and Oracle ADF for 500 users and compare their time for development, cost of development and deployment with UniGUI. You will surprise. RIA development and deployment is not so easy and fast before UniGui. I am surprised why people say for strange development as you know what I am pointing out. UniGui is more than enough what Farshad promised.

- UniGui is compiled into native code so everybody should keep in mind that Java, Net or PHP can't beat its server side processing speed. Correct me if I am wrong. Application code is secure even company or programmer distribute it.

- As I said earlier its components should have more features like Dropdown form or frame as in EhLib and integrate it with ComboBox. Very powerful feature. Just take a look http://www.ehlib.com/. These are the area to work.

- Another good feature of EhLib and InfoPower components, there is no need for separate components one for DBAware and second non-DBAware because both components do the same. Programmers always build and incorporate additional features in existing components by inheriting as they require so they don't need to maintain two copies. It is always a frustration for me at least.

- I can't see an option how to add a button to Edit control, etc. So featuring existing components, UniGui technology and keeping pace with Delphi and Ext JS is a big challenge. These are the area where full concentration is required. Make components more feature rich.

- Extensive documentation is required so developers should know the inside of it.

- UniGui should be spread so more people know about it and adopt it.

- At least one or two companies should develop third party components for UniGui as TMS did for IntraWeb. This will be a huge gain.

Correct me if I am wrong on any point.

GREAT work by UniGui Team.

Regards

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

Hello,

I am late to the party.  md9projetos, You are 1000% right.

People should drop their habit to get more and more. UniGui is already quite stable as people said, I have no experience at this time. It should have more features in its existing components as I agree. I am not an expert in UniGui. I am just here to choose a platform for our old Visual FoxPro project. Whether it should be Delphi+UniGui (of course, till now) or PHP, or ASP.Net (not at all, not again) or Oracle ADF (nightmare). 

Hello,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your insights.

One developer should choose the right tool for the job. Obviously, uniGUI can dramatically accelerate web development over other tools in the market.

I agree that we should improve docs. We will continue improving the framework by adding new features and fixing bugs.

• Upvote 2

Hi Farshad,

now official release is out!! :-)

So, don't forget promise... virtual scroll in grids, advanced lookup with multicolumn popup, etc....) :-)
Is missing a simple component that is essential for web (Firepower has it Layoutgrid in Firemonkey): A grid with a free panel for each record with free positioning of components inside (and also spanned in multiple columns); Maybe responsive...:-)

Best tool,

Good job.

Stefano

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

now official release is out!! :-)

So, don't forget promise... virtual scroll in grids, advanced lookup with multicolumn popup, etc....) :-)

Is missing a simple component that is essential for web (Firepower has it Layoutgrid in Firemonkey): A grid with a free panel for each record with free positioning of components inside (and also spanned in multiple columns); Maybe responsive...:-)

Best tool,

Good job.

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

Each time I see your name in forums it reminds me of infinite scroll. :)

It will be implemented right after  Ext JS 6.5 integration.

Dear all,

Idera (the company that owns Embarcadero and  Delphi) acquired Sencha !!!!!!!

See the announcement at http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170825005086/en/IDERA-Acquires-Sencha-Strengthen-Developer-Tools-Business

This I think means a wonderful future for UNIGUI !

Atanas Popov (general manager at Embarcadero/Idera) says:

“It broadens the languages we support by adding JavaScript, and delivers broad synergies with our existing product portfolio. For example, Sencha Ext JS will provide a powerful Web Framework for Embarcadero’s RAD Studio to complement our native frameworks 

Farshad, can you comment the news ? Should we expect a more rapid growth of the framework ?

best regards and "UNIGUI ROCKS"

maurizio senaldi