Technics of web payement ?

Abaksoft

Hi Farshad,

Can you share your experience with the payement online as you do it well in your ordering unigui ?

I would like to sale my softwares in an unigui web application, with for exemple paypal.

Can you give a way to do it with secure methode ?

(Ofcourse if not confidential)

Thx.

• Administrators

FastSpring is our payment processor. They have a very nice API infrastructure which helps to fully automate the order process. Let me describe a bit:

-Each time a purchase is completed FastSpring sends us a HTTP request using a secure protocol.

-On our side there is a dedicated uniGUI isapi app which captures all of these requests inside a ServerModule.OnHTTPDocument event.

-HTTP parameters are extracted from the request and appended to a database table.

-Another uniGUI app which is Windows Service polls the table inside a TUniThreadTimer event once a while and processes all new orders.

-Order information are extracted and various tables are updated with order information.

-There is another uniGUI isapi app which is the customer portal and is the user interface for our users.

Same logic can be applied to Paypal with some differences. However, PayPal has a more complex notification system which requires duplex communication with PayPal server.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

About FastSpring

I tried 3 times to pay with the card that I usually make internet payments.

All 3 times came back with Reason:FRAUD.

I tried to pay by my PayPal account which, what do you know, linked to the same card.

PayPal didn't complain at all and finished the transaction.

So send my best to FastSpring !.

• Administrators

About FastSpring

I tried 3 times to pay with the card that I usually make internet payments.

All 3 times came back with Reason:FRAUD.

I tried to pay by my PayPal account which, what do you know, linked to the same card.

PayPal didn't complain at all and finished the transaction.

So send my best to FastSpring !.

Sorry to hear about your experience while ordering.

Problem here is that each payment company has an automated method to screen frauds. As expected there is a software which tries to calculate a risk when a credit card number is entered.

Sometimes software can produce a false alarm as it was in your case. PayPal can actually verify you by sending a code to you in one of your bills so it can make sure credit card belongs to you.

It happens because each day more and more thieves try to purchase online goods using stolen credit card numbers. This started to become a major headache for payment processors such as FastSpring. That's why they need to implement an automated software system to calculate risks for each online purchase.

Thank you

• 3 years later...