Questions & Answers

Farshad Mohajeri

Hi Farshad !

I work on two computers in different locations (home & office ). Can I buy only one license and use it on both computers, or I need to buy 2 licenses ?  Will I be able to transfer the license to a new computer  if I replace it ?

Thanks in advance for your answer ! ;)

• Administrators

Hi Farshad !

I work on two computers in different locations (home & office ). Can I buy only one license and use it on both computers, or I need to buy 2 licenses ?  Will I be able to transfer the license to a new computer  if I replace it ?

Thanks in advance for your answer ! ;)

Hi,

Yes, you can install uniGUI on more than one PC as long as you are the only person who will use those PCs.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Farshad,

I suggest for your own/company, and the product sake, that you update your home page with latest news.

Recent news: October 2014

Version 0.98 available: January 2015

Page Copyright: 2014

It looks like the project and site is dead and it deters potential buyers/developers from looking at and considering the product.

It is in all our interest that you make money and keep the product alive. Advertising and perception is key to product success.

I am currently using Sencha Complete and have not purchased uniGUI for exactly this reason.

I first want to feel confident about my time and monetary investment before I purchase and start developing in uniGUI.

Currently I cannot switch because there are features in ExtJS5.1 that I need, so I am also waiting for the Sencha Framework upgrade.

I am watching with keen interest.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

I suggest for your own/company, and the product sake, that you update your home page with latest news.

Recent news: October 2014

Version 0.98 available: January 2015

Page Copyright: 2014

It looks like the project and site is dead and it deters potential buyers/developers from looking at and considering the product.

It is in all our interest that you make money and keep the product alive. Advertising and perception is key to product success.

I am currently using Sencha Complete and have not purchased uniGUI for exactly this reason.

I first want to feel confident about my time and monetary investment before I purchase and start developing in uniGUI.

Currently I cannot switch because there are features in ExtJS5.1 that I need, so I am also waiting for the Sencha Framework upgrade.

I am watching with keen interest.

Hi Hendrik,

Thank you for your interest in uniGUI.

As someone who has been more than 20 years in IT industry I should agree with you. Most probably I would say exactly the same words if I were looking at uniGUI website from a distance.

Main reason for this situation was that whole plan was to renew web site when product hits version 1.0. However, as release of V1.00 is delayed website renewal is postponed many times and this impression of "dead project" has become inevitable.

That said, good news is that next week our new website will be online.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to prev comment

Farshad, maybe I'm bad developer but your product looks fantastic for those from us who work only with Delphi and never developed web application. I was need only few hours to make web application and get working website. With your components developing webapplication became cheap and very fast and I think that it have great perspective in future, when you will complite first stable release! I hope that your project will evolve but also still dont sure that you will not get bored and stop the project.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Farshad id developing UNIGUI since 2009,and now that the community is growing,the product is rock solid,its very unlikely that he´s will ever got bored.

Also FMSoft not only produces UNIGUI ,it uses it to make their own systems.

Actually UNIGUI is helping many users to save their years invested in Delphi.

What differs UNIGUI from many other products ,some that have already died ,its that it have grown taking users opinions in consideration.

Different than the other options(I´m not counting Intraweb here since it is not RIA),and the fact that  its just Delphi,you can really use much of your code,

in the same IDE,with the same data acess components.

• Administrators

+1 to prev comment

Farshad, maybe I'm bad developer but your product looks fantastic for those from us who work only with Delphi and never developed web application. I was need only few hours to make web application and get working website. With your components developing webapplication became cheap and very fast and I think that it have great perspective in future, when you will complite first stable release! I hope that your project will evolve but also still dont sure that you will not get bored and stop the project.

Thanks for your comment.

• Administrators

Farshad id developing UNIGUI since 2009,and now that the community is growing,the product is rock solid,its very unlikely that he´s will ever got bored.

Also FMSoft not only produces UNIGUI ,it uses it to make their own systems.

Actually UNIGUI is helping many users to save their years invested in Delphi.

What differs UNIGUI from many other products ,some that have already died ,its that it have grown taking users opinions in consideration.

Different than the other options(I´m not counting Intraweb here since it is not RIA),and the fact that  its just Delphi,you can really use much of your code,

in the same IDE,with the same data acess components.

Thanks for your input.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi!

I wanted to order/buy uniGUI personal for 395$. I'm from Slovenia and will buy uniGUI on may company's account. Company is registred in VAT system. 

I was surprised because your program added 22% VAT in the process of ordering. 

I'm not sure if this is Slovenian or Turkish VAT?

I didn't finish an order because I don't know if this VAT is deductable for my company (which im the only employee and owner).

Can you explain a bit, please.

Have a nice day!

Bostjan 

• Administrators

Hi!

I wanted to order/buy uniGUI personal for 395$. I'm from Slovenia and will buy uniGUI on may company's account. Company is registred in VAT system. 

I was surprised because your program added 22% VAT in the process of ordering. 

I'm not sure if this is Slovenian or Turkish VAT?

I didn't finish an order because I don't know if this VAT is deductable for my company (which im the only employee and owner).

Can you explain a bit, please.

Have a nice day!

Bostjan 

Hi,

You can avoid VAT by entering your VAT ID at the last stage just before payment.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have downloaded UNIGUI trial edition and creating some simple applications. Kindly clear my following queries.

1) is there any loyalty for applications created using UNIGUI ?. Can i install the created applications in different server without any additional cost ?

2) After my subscription periord expires, will my applications work ?

3) Can i create new Application / Modify existing application after subscription period expires ?

• 4 months later...
good morning : )

We are thinking of buying a professional unigui license.

We have the following questions, before beginning a great development using this tool. We are concerned about licensing and validation limitations.

1) Does the license never expire, and applications continue to run after the 1 year period expires?

2) If the FMSOFT company disappears, will existing applications continue to work?

3) If the company FMSOFT disappears, could I continue to develop applications using UNIGUI?

4) If the computer where I installed the license is damaged, can I install the license on a new computer? ( Even if FMSOFT no longer existed ?  )

Thank you and sorry for these questions.

My best greetings

• Administrators

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in uniGUI.

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Well, in order to install uniGUI on a new PC you need to activate your copy of uniGUI. You can also save your license key for one PC and install on that PC uniGUI again without activation.

4) On a new PC you need to activate your copy through our servers.

• Upvote 1

I know that if FMSOFT ceases to exist, we can continue developing software using uniGUI and even fix minor bugs in some cases. However, there are many extremely important files that are not shipped with source code. While I understand that there are some reasons not to ship complete source code, I also think that it's a risk for us if FMSOFT halts all uniGUI development. Truth is, that if this happens, it would be devastating blow to many and not being able to continue developing uniGUI and fix potential bugs in it would be disastrous.

Question is, what could be viable solution to this? Would it be possible ship complete source code in case FMSOFT decides to halt uniGUI development or if it is finishing its activities. In any case, I think there should be some kind of mechanism to protect us from these kind of things.

This thing has bothered us a bit and I'm sure there have been some discussion about it at some point but I don't remember reading definitive answer to that. I don't want to seem negative, but this is something that we must prepare for. I'm sure FMSOFT is not going anywhere in near future but things can change at some point.

Our main concern for acquiring unigui is the possible disappearance of fmsoft.

we are evaluating unigui, and I should like to congratulate fmsoft for their excellent work.

our company will end up buying the "complete" version. within some time. I'm personally speaking in favor of fmsoft. I hope I'm not wrong. and I trust that if fmsoft ceases its activity, release the licenses.

on the other hand, I also have to work from home and as I read in this forum without acquiring a second license I can continue to do so.

I've used virtual machines in the past to encapsulate a full working development environment where recreating that dev environment is difficult or impossible. As long as the virtual machine is kept backed up and cared for, development can continue for decades.

Indeed, I still occcasionally need to maintain an app from 1997 updated as far as Delphi 5 that uses something like 20 third party libraries. Already by 2007 it was impossible to update the Delphi version because most of the third parties had disappeared.

Yet after 20 years, I can still add new features and maintain the app, thanks to the preservation offered by the virtual machine.

So, a suggestion for anyone facing the disappearance of a third party developer tool is to quickly set up a virtual machine and get everything licensed in that machine. Then you won't need to worry and you can continue to maintain that old app for 10+ years after it should have "died."

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Hi Farshad,

I can not do this when I download and install a new version. The license key activation file (from previous version) does not work, so I have to request another key for every virtual machine or pc that I used: "3) Well, in order to install uniGUI on a new PC you need to activate your copy of uniGUI. You can also save your license key for one PC and install on that PC uniGUI again without activation."

Is it right or I am doing something wrong?

Best regards

• Administrators
The license key activation file (from previous version) does not work,

Yes, for each uniGUI version you need to keep a copy of license key for that version. Keys are compatible across builds from same version, but as soon as version number changes (1.0.0  -> 1.0.1) you need to refresh your key.

• Administrators

I know that if FMSOFT ceases to exist, we can continue developing software using uniGUI and even fix minor bugs in some cases. However, there are many extremely important files that are not shipped with source code. While I understand that there are some reasons not to ship complete source code, I also think that it's a risk for us if FMSOFT halts all uniGUI development. Truth is, that if this happens, it would be devastating blow to many and not being able to continue developing uniGUI and fix potential bugs in it would be disastrous.

Question is, what could be viable solution to this? Would it be possible ship complete source code in case FMSOFT decides to halt uniGUI development or if it is finishing its activities. In any case, I think there should be some kind of mechanism to protect us from these kind of things.

This thing has bothered us a bit and I'm sure there have been some discussion about it at some point but I don't remember reading definitive answer to that. I don't want to seem negative, but this is something that we must prepare for. I'm sure FMSOFT is not going anywhere in near future but things can change at some point.

Hi Mika,

I understand your concerns, but let's analyze the worst case situation:

If your current version of uniGUI is stable enough for you then it is highly unlikely that in the future a show-stopper bug prevents you from developing further because even if there are some hidden bugs and none of us are not affected by that bug it will be easy to isolate that bug or implement a workaround for that particular bug. As I said, if current version of uniGUI works for you in production even in the worst case scenario it will continue working.

We have tried to keep the protection not so aggressive so our licensed users won't be affected in a bad way. That's why we allow you to save the license key in a text file for future reference. Again, as one developer stated above you can install the whole development inside a VM.

Mu view is that in the worst case scenario you will be able to continue development even for new projects.

Unfortunately, we need to keep a protection mechanism because some developers do not comprehend why they shouldn't use pirated copies of software. At the same time we tried to keep a balance and make sure our developers has least dependency to us. I know that it is not the best possible situation from your point of view.

That said, we will try to provide full source code for uniGUI core libraries in future.

I am ready to answer more questions on this.

Thank you for your answer Farshad. I do understand that you have to have some kind of protection against piracy but usually pirates will find a way to pirate software illegally, unfortunately.

I'm sure we can live with this situation and as you said, development is possible in the future too even if uniGUI is not in active development. However, I would be very pleased to know if there were some sort of agreement that would release source code in full if something unexpecting happens. 

Anyway, I understand your position in this matter. Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

// Mika

• 1 month later...

I am going to purchase "uniGui complete" license, but i need na invoice issued to my company width our VAT number (PT) for fiscal purpuses.

Where do I put that info in the order?

In that case, is it with or without VAT? Since is between to European Countries.

Best tregards,

Orlando