Questions & Answers

Farshad Mohajeri

Obviously (like quite a lot of people here) I am wanting UniGUI, but I would also like it at the 500USD price as well :)

When does that price change ?

You mentioned in the post on the purchase page that it will change before it hits 1.0 (which I understand) but also might be sooner ?

Any idea when 1.0 will be released ?

I don't want to miss the price change BUT I am not quite finished playing about with it.

Regards

Anthoni

Hi Mr.Farshad,

Let's see if I understand correctly. 

- If I order a license now, I get the version 0.97 of Unigui and  
  a license OEM-ExtJS (which version of ExtJS?) 

- The 0.97 version has an expiry date? 

- When version 1.0 is ready, I will get the UniGUI Plus Professional (Source Code +  documentation)  with " no extra cost." 

- can you  approximately estimate the time for final version 1.0 (Source Code + documentezion)    (one month, three months or more). 

thanks 

Best regards 

Salvatore Marullo

• Administrators

Obviously (like quite a lot of people here) I am wanting UniGUI, but I would also like it at the 500USD price as well :)

When does that price change ?

You mentioned in the post on the purchase page that it will change before it hits 1.0 (which I understand) but also might be sooner ?

Any idea when 1.0 will be released ?

I don't want to miss the price change BUT I am not quite finished playing about with it.

Regards

Anthoni

We will announce at least 15 days prior to end of time limited discounted offer.

• Administrators

Hi Mr.Farshad,

Let's see if I understand correctly. 

- If I order a license now, I get the version 0.97 of Unigui and  
  a license OEM-ExtJS (which version of ExtJS?) 

Yes you will get OEM Ext JS.
Ext JS version will be the version that uniGUI supports. Let me remind that we don't sell you Ext JS licenses, so you won't own a separate Ext JS 4.2 license as a part of this purchase. 
What you will be granted is the right to use Ext JS in your uniGUI projects according to our EULA.

- The 0.97 version has an expiry date? 

No.

- When version 1.0 is ready, I will get the UniGUI Plus Professional (Source Code +  documentation)  with " no extra cost." 

If you own an active subscription by then, answer is yes.

- can you  approximately estimate the time for final version 1.0 (Source Code + documentezion)    (one month, three months or more). 

We've always missed release dates so I don't want to pronounce one, but it won't last that long.

thanks 

Best regards 

Salvatore Marullo

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

I just ordered 11 licences for my Belgian company (payment by wire transfer, I guess that it'll take a few days).

I hope that I am the first historical customer of uniGUI ;)

Anyway, congratulations!

Thank you very much for your purchase and your support.

Also thank you for being precise in number of licenses your company needs.

I appreciate all people who will place an order.

I just ordered mine. I look forward to working with this product. I want to note that I am also interested in hiring licensed uniGUI developers for our series of standardized international transportation software. Maybe you can put a job board where developers can feature their services or jobs.

John P

Track Information Systems - Canada

• Upvote 1

I work for 2 business, HVGS and my own 'CastleSoft'.

Can I order 1 for CastleSoft and 1 for HVGS in 2 different orders at the discount price ?

*** Update *** - I just placed an order for 'Andrew Tierney - HVGS', can I also place an order for 'Andrew Tierney - CastleSoft' ?

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

I work for 2 business, HVGS and my own 'CastleSoft'.

Can I order 1 for CastleSoft and 1 for HVGS in 2 different orders at the discount price ?

*** Update *** - I just placed an order for 'Andrew Tierney - HVGS', can I also place an order for 'Andrew Tierney - CastleSoft' ?

If you want to buy two products for two different companies (entities) then you can place two separate orders from two separate emails.

In our design each email address represents a different business or entity.

For each email you'll be assigned a different account in our customer portal.

• Administrators

Hallo,

I have just discovered UniGui and I found it very interesting. How can I get some older DEMO or Trial version (with whatever limitations) just for TEST purpose ?

Best regards and congratulations for good work !

Hello

Thanks for your interest.

We're working on trial version.

For now we can issue you a time limited license for version 0.96 (till end of this month)

Please go here for details:

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/4274-version-096/?p=20850

Farshad, 

Hello, I wonder if you have a policy of reduced price to upgrade? 

I see that the higher cost is due to acquisition of the first OEM license Extjs. 

I very much appreciate unigui, but I think you should think of our time so that we are helping you to find the bugs unigui and help get the version that is today, went their beta test. 

grateful

• Administrators

Farshad, 
Hello, I wonder if you have a policy of reduced price to upgrade? 
I see that the higher cost is due to acquisition of the first OEM license Extjs. 
I very much appreciate unigui, but I think you should think of our time so that we are helping you to find the bugs unigui and help get the version that is today, went their beta test. 

grateful

Hello,

Do you refer to upgrade price to 0.97 or upgrade price when your subscription will be over, which one?

Well, what you call "higher cost" is what we call low cost discounted time limited offer. :)

Unfortunately there is only a little room for any additional discount here, except for those who own an Ext JS license, since I had promised before that I'll offer them discount when they will place their first order.

I really wanted to offer additional discount to those who were with us since 2010 and posted bug reports, helped us, supported us. However, I couldn't find a formula to calculate the amount of discount that anyone actually deserves. So I decided to go with a fixed price for all.

I'm grateful to anyone who reported bugs and helped us to improve the product, but at the same time they were given the extended opportunity to use the framework in any commercial projects and actually make money using it.

In fact, you should see it as a mutual cooperation where we offered people a stable framework for free to use it in their projects before they actually need to pay anything for it. In return they helped us to find bugs and fix them. There are many people out there who are using some older version of uniGUI even as old as 0.89 in their projects and they have developed commercial projects based on it. Some of them never looked back, as they're happy with 0.89, 0.90, 0.93 or whatever version they are using.

We could simply put a time trap in any older version and force the executable to halt after a certain date, but we didn't do such a thing because we honestly told people that all beta versions are limitless unless we explicitly announce it.

If you develop web based project for the market and plan to continue development in same market, in my opinion such an investment at this introductory price is much worthy of it.

Thank you

• Upvote 3