Thanks for your answer. 

#22 perjanbr

perjanbr

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCianorte-PR Brazil

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Could you give more information about your company, I will start a big project and need to know if UNIGUI will not be discontinued. 

I say this because the Wanderlan Angel, creator of ExtPascal discontinued, I need to have a guarantee that FMSOFT also do not do the same. 

Thank you

Jancarlos Martins

#23 Rafael Sifontes

Rafael Sifontes

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

Hi Farshad, In my particular case I'm living in Venezuela and the government has implemented a change control (money transfer, credit card etc in dollars) asigned a limit of US300$ per year  ... and with other personal yearly duties like software updates or renewal I almost reach my yearly limit... could be an option for me to buy a  licence? For example: make payments with different credit cards (from friends) thanks and best regards!

#24 Farshad Mohajeri

Farshad Mohajeri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9870 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Could you give more information about your company, I will start a big project and need to know if UNIGUI will not be discontinued.

I say this because the Wanderlan Angel, creator of ExtPascal discontinued, I need to have a guarantee that FMSOFT also do not do the same.

Thank you

UniGUI started almost five years ago. Which means I am developing this project for past five years. This shows that we will continue to stay committed to this project for a foreseeable future.

I understand that our company still doesn't have a main website which is weird for a company which develops web development tools! It is because our company focuses on different fields and we couldn't decide which field our web site should be dedicated to. Anyway, our new website is being prepared which we will share more info about FMSoft company.

Discontinuation of Ext pascal will not affect us, as we already redesigned uniGUI in a way which it can evolve regardless of Extpascal and its status. Yes and it took many months to achieve this goal.

#25 Farshad Mohajeri

Farshad Mohajeri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9870 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hi Farshad, In my particular case I'm living in Venezuela and the government has implemented a change control (money transfer, credit card etc in dollars) asigned a limit of US300$ per year  ... and with other personal yearly duties like software updates or renewal I almost reach my yearly limit... could be an option for me to buy a  licence? For example: make payments with different credit cards (from friends) thanks and best regards!

Such payment methods can not be automated. Can you send money using PayPal? (From one or more than one accounts)

#26 perjanbr

perjanbr

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCianorte-PR Brazil

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Thanks Farshad.

Jancarlos Martins

#27 bahry

bahry

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAmman

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Very nice and the price is Competitive, but does this price includes upgraded Ext JS versions like ver 5 ?

#28 Farshad Mohajeri

Farshad Mohajeri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9870 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Very nice and the price is Competitive, but does this price includes upgraded Ext JS versions like ver 5 ?

You'll get the most recent version of Ext JS during your subscription provided that uniGUI also supports that version.

#29 Asiaapollo

Asiaapollo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Sorry, I am confused on your last two points:

13. Initial subscription will be for DCU version of framework only, but we will provide a free/low cost upgrade path when version with source code will be available within your subscription period.

14. In initial releases with source code we will only provide partial source code for components only. i.e. source code for units in uniGUIxx.bpl only. Full source code will be available when product will become more mature .

So the initial subscription will include partial source code for components or just DCU version only? If the answer is later, can help to generate the import files of all uniGUI components for me (and other user using/planning to use TMS Scripter) by using the import tool from TMS Software (http://www.tmssoftwa.../ImportTool.zip)? Actually I'd asked this several times but never get your answer.

#30 Farshad Mohajeri

Farshad Mohajeri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9870 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Initial package will contain DCU only. As a part of your subscription we will allow you access to partial source code when it is ready to distribute.

I'll help you for import task. Pls remind me when 0.97 is out.

#31 CastleSoft

CastleSoft

Advanced Member

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:25 AM

Do you have a date when we can begin purchasing ?

Also is the following possible ?

I have been a beta tester for some time and will be purchasing for CastleSoft (my business).

I also do consulting work for a Grammar school and would like to purchase for them (with me as the sole developer), but in their name. 

Can I purchase 1x CastleSoft (at the intro rate) and 1x School (at the intro rate) ? 

Do I need to setup a beta account now for my school/email/login ?

Thanks

#32 Asiaapollo

Asiaapollo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

Initial package will contain DCU only. As a part of your subscription we will allow you access to partial source code when it is ready to distribute.

I'll help you for import task. Pls remind me when 0.97 is out.

Thanks a lot! Waiting for 0.97...

#33 delphidude

delphidude

Advanced Member

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:23 PM

This all seem very good, in my opinion.

As I paid $329 for ExtJS, I hope for a $300 discount to get the license for $199.

That will be a good introductory offer.

Now, Farshad, if I can reflect a little on this, I think that if Unigui had the option of

generating php, perl or python for the backend, and export the html, css and js

for the frontend, that would be the greatest webapp devkit ever....

As we have a world history with so much division due to different languages,

is it not ironic that in the web world, they were not able to use the same language

on both frontend and backend. html, php, js, css and sql....a perfect reflection of

a world where people perceive things quite differently.There are those who 

gather and those who scatter....

Unigui is trying to act as a bridge in this respect, but the binary makes it appear

a bit closed. An option to generate only script/markup files would be amazing,

but of course also very complex. At least it would be nice to get the frontend,

and be able to create the backend yourself, getting just some helper files.

#34 eelias

eelias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

Hi Farshad, 

I see you are being very reasonable in your process of migrating the developers from beta to commercial. Many thanks for your position.

You said this is all based on the 0.97. 

What about the current 0.96 ? I see you bumped for a month the expiration, can you keep the 0.96 as the last free beta version?

That would make reasonable also, since the next Delphi version is planned for after September (XE7) and you will end the beta cycle in sync with the Delphi versions.

What you think?

#35 Farshad Mohajeri

Farshad Mohajeri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9870 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hi Farshad, 

I see you are being very reasonable in your process of migrating the developers from beta to commercial. Many thanks for your position.

You said this is all based on the 0.97. 

What about the current 0.96 ? I see you bumped for a month the expiration, can you keep the 0.96 as the last free beta version?

That would make reasonable also, since the next Delphi version is planned for after September (XE7) and you will end the beta cycle in sync with the Delphi versions.

What you think?

Well, there can not be "a last free beta" because there hasn't been a free beta version in the first place. Our beta versions aren't free software like FreePascal or Lazarus.

We are already an OEM partner of Sencha Inc and we have signed an OEM contract with them. As a result we can not distribute Sencha Ext JS no longer for free. Ext JS is not free software.

Those who plan not to purchase uniGUI beta and plan to continue using an older beta version should get Ext JS from Sencha. However a single Ext JS license costs 665 USD. So it will be quite unreasonable to pay 665 USD for Ext JS alone while uniGUI introductory price (including OEM Ext JS and one year subscription) is around 500 USD. If you don't plan to buy an Ext JS license either, then you'll be violating Sencha license terms.

Now help me understand why there should be another free version. What's the reason behind this? Is it because people can not afford it or simply because they are not willing to pay?

It will be understandable if people distribute their software developed using uniGUI also for free, but I don't think that it is a common practice!

If people sell their commercial projects developed using Ext JS and uniGUI, but still not willing to pay for a single license then I don't think it is worthy to discuss.

Thanks

#36 eelias

eelias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

Well, there can not be "a last free beta" because there hasn't been a free beta version in the first place. Our beta versions aren't free software like FreePascal or Lazarus.

We are already an OEM partner of Sencha Inc and we have signed an OEM contract with them. As a result we can not distribute Sencha Ext JS no longer for free. Ext JS is not free software.

Those who plan not to purchase uniGUI beta and plan to continue using an older beta version should get Ext JS from Sencha. However a single Ext JS license costs 665 USD. So it will be quite unreasonable to pay 665 USD for Ext JS alone while uniGUI introductory price (including OEM Ext JS and one year subscription) is around 500 USD. If you don't plan to buy an Ext JS license either, then you'll be violating Sencha license terms.

Now help me understand why there should be another free version. What's the reason behind this? Is it because people can not afford it or simply because they are not willing to pay?

It will be understandable if people distribute their software developed using uniGUI also for free, but I don't think that it is a common practice!

If people sell their projects developed using Ext JS and uniGUI, but still not willing to pay for a single license then it is not worthy to discuss.

Thanks

You are correct in your assessment.

My question is because I am in development. I have no software in use outside my own computer. I am aware of sencha license and I will comply with that. 

I used wrong the word "free", I am sorry

I am a very small software company, and I have many big customers already with the eyes on the product that i am about to deliver. I just need to reach the delivery date and I am now totally backed by your beta program. Because this beta program it turned to make a reality the software that I am developing.

I expect to buy a license in less than 60 days.... that is for sure, but I am little concerned with the current 0.96 license date... that is it... :)

#37 Farshad Mohajeri

Farshad Mohajeri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9870 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

I expect to buy a license in less than 60 days.... that is for sure, but I am little concerned with the current 0.96 license date... that is it... :)

It can be arranged. We can extend license expire date so people will have enough time to adopt.

#38 Soho Software Team

Soho Software Team

Advanced Member

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

I have a development team (5 people). If there is a plan to launch the UNIGUI Team Edition, is that 1*UNIGUI + 1*EXTgroup edition? Or that I may need to purchase 5*unigui+5* EXT OEM personal edition?

#39 Farshad Mohajeri

Farshad Mohajeri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9870 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

I have a development team (5 people). If there is a plan to launch the UNIGUI Team Edition, is that 1*UNIGUI + 1*EXTgroup edition? Or that I may need to purchase 5*unigui+5* EXT OEM personal edition?

You need to order 5 personal editions and you'll get a volume discount.

All licenses in a volume purchase will be assigned to same company.

#40 Soho Software Team

Soho Software Team

Advanced Member

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:57 AM

You need to order 5 personal editions and you'll get a volume discount.

All licenses in a volume purchase will be assigned to same company.

You can publish a single user or multiple users after the discount price? For example 1 developers $500, 5 developers $2000, 10developers $3500, developers do not limit $4000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users