About commercial licesnsing...

Mediv07

• Administrators

Farhad, can you give more details about the purchase of a license UniGui, cost, when we will be able to buy, how to do it, in particular the purchase of a license for the organization.
Thank you.

I understand.

Below picture may change a bit, but that's what we're planning for time being.

1.  From version 0.97 you must buy a subscription from us to be able to continue downloading new builds.
  2.  Subscription will be valid for one year from date of purchase.
  3.  Subscription will contain a uniGUI desktop license which comes with an OEM Ext JS license.
  4.  The OEM Ext JS license is valid for using along with uniGUI only. You won't own a stand alone Ext JS license. i.e. you will be owner of an uniGUI license which also distributes Ext JS in OEM form. It is the way Sencha allows distribution of OEM licenses. From your point of view it is the best possible model because a stand alone single user Ext JS license costs 665 USD. The 329 USD price is no longer available.
  5.  We will provide a discount for those with a valid Ext JS license. You need to prove it by sending us your Ext JS license key.
  6.  Time limited introductory price will be ~500 USD for a single license. There will be volume discount as well. In volume purchases all licenses will be issued for same company.
  7.  As a time limited bonus: Subscription to uniGUI desktop also grants you one year subscription for uniGUI mobile.
  8.  Subscription will allow you access to all beta / non-beta builds for one year. 
  9.  You will not get any extra support options as a part of this subscription. Support will continue in its current form using our forums. That said, as always we will do our best to fix bugs as soon as we can.
  10.  Payment options will be Credit Card, Paypal or Wire Transfer.
  11.  You will purchase subscription from our eCommerce partner which is able to issue VAT included receipts for EU residents.
  12.  A refund option will not be available.
  13.  Initial subscription will be for DCU version of framework only, but we will provide a free/low cost upgrade path when version with source code will be available within your subscription period.
  14.  In initial releases with source code we will only provide partial source code for components only. i.e. source code for units in uniGUIxx.bpl only. Full source code will be available when product will become more mature .

Let me know if you have more questions.

• Upvote 2

Hi Farshad!

Just to confirm!

1- if i need to install in 10 customers, i will have to buy 10 licenses?

2- I have only one machine for development, so i only have to pay a license to develop with unigui?

3- I currently use version 0.94.1024, this version expires? 

How this will work?

• Administrators

Hi Farshad!

Just to confirm!

1- if i need to install in 10 customers, i will have to buy 10 licenses?

2- I have only one machine for development, so i only have to pay a license to develop with unigui?

3- I currently use version 0.94.1024, this version expires? 

How this will work?

1. No. As long as you deploy end-user apps developed using uniGUI, there are no deployment fee or royalty fee. Though you need a license for each developer in your company. Also you can not distribute unigui library itself to your customers, only apps developed using it can be distributed. If your customer wants to own your source code and all libs in your app he must buy required number of unigui licenses.

2. It is the number of developers which counts. 10 developers 10 licenses. 1 developer 1 license.

3. No it won't expire, but it will not receive any update or fix. That said, please keep in mind that Sencha Ext JS is not free and you'll be violating their license terms if you continue developing and distributing apps using an older version of uniGUI.

Great news.

But whether to run the compiled exe (dll) after the end of the year subscription if for any reason I'm not going to keep paying

Прекрасные новости.

Но, будет ли работать скомпилированный exe (dll)  после окончания года подписки если по какой-либо причине я не буду продолжать оплату

2. It is the number of developers which counts. 10 developers 10 licenses. 1 developer 1 license.

Will it be possible to install UniGUI on several devices using a single license key? For example a working PC, home PC and laptop when I'm away. Since you are going to sell it without providing source code, this question suddenly became very important.

• Administrators

Will it be possible to install UniGUI on several devices using a single license key? For example a working PC, home PC and laptop when I'm away. Since you are going to sell it without providing source code, this question suddenly became very important.

Yes, as long as you are the only one who will use those copies.

BTW, what's the correlation between source code and no of PC's you install the framework?

• Administrators

Great news.

But whether to run the compiled exe (dll) after the end of the year subscription if for any reason I'm not going to keep paying

After your subscription ends you'll be able to use your current version of uniGUI without any restrictions. Neither uniGUI nor the apps created using it will expire.

However, you won't be able to get any more updates unless you renew your subscription.

After your subscription ends you'll be able to use your current version of uniGUI without any restrictions. Neither uniGUI nor the apps created using it will expire.

However, you won't be able to get any more updates unless you renew your subscription.

Thank You. The price of Your product is acceptable me. And now the licensing procedure is clear.

Благодарю Вас. Цена Вашего продукта мне приемлема. А теперь и схема лицензирования понятна.

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

Sorry for my english.

I understand that this year I pay ~500 USD for my single license.

Which will be, roughly, the cost of subscription for the next year/s ?

Good question.

We need to determine it. It is not clear how OEM Ext JS license will be involved.

Let's say that it will be less or same as initial subscription price.

So if you start it by 500 USD, next year will be

This will not include bonuses. For example you'll get uniGUI Mobile as bonus for free for 1st year only. Next year you need to pay a regular renewal fee to renew it.

• Administrators

Let me add this:

Current price is an introductory price which will increase when product is released. If you get the product at introductory price it will be guaranteed that you can renew the product at same or a lower renewal price for next 3 years. Provided that you won't interrupt your subscription in 3 years. If you interrupt your subscription -or- for 4th year of subscription you need to renew framework at regular renewal prices.

Could you give more information about your company, I will start a big project and need to know if UNIGUI will not be discontinued. 

I say this because the Wanderlan Angel, creator of ExtPascal discontinued, I need to have a guarantee that FMSOFT also do not do the same. 

Thank you

Hi Farshad, In my particular case I'm living in Venezuela and the government has implemented a change control (money transfer, credit card etc in dollars) asigned a limit of US300$ per year  ... and with other personal yearly duties like software updates or renewal I almost reach my yearly limit... could be an option for me to buy a  licence? For example: make payments with different credit cards (from friends) thanks and best regards!

• Administrators

Could you give more information about your company, I will start a big project and need to know if UNIGUI will not be discontinued.

I say this because the Wanderlan Angel, creator of ExtPascal discontinued, I need to have a guarantee that FMSOFT also do not do the same.

Thank you

UniGUI started almost five years ago. Which means I am developing this project for past five years. This shows that we will continue to stay committed to this project for a foreseeable future.

I understand that our company still doesn't have a main website which is weird for a company which develops web development tools! It is because our company focuses on different fields and we couldn't decide which field our web site should be dedicated to. Anyway, our new website is being prepared which we will share more info about FMSoft company.

Discontinuation of Ext pascal will not affect us, as we already redesigned uniGUI in a way which it can evolve regardless of Extpascal and its status. Yes and it took many months to achieve this goal.

• Administrators

Hi Farshad, In my particular case I'm living in Venezuela and the government has implemented a change control (money transfer, credit card etc in dollars) asigned a limit of US300$ per year  ... and with other personal yearly duties like software updates or renewal I almost reach my yearly limit... could be an option for me to buy a  licence? For example: make payments with different credit cards (from friends) thanks and best regards!

Such payment methods can not be automated. Can you send money using PayPal? (From one or more than one accounts)