About commercial licesnsing...

Mediv07

Sorry, I am confused on your last two points:

13. Initial subscription will be for DCU version of framework only, but we will provide a free/low cost upgrade path when version with source code will be available within your subscription period.

14. In initial releases with source code we will only provide partial source code for components only. i.e. source code for units in uniGUIxx.bpl only. Full source code will be available when product will become more mature .

So the initial subscription will include partial source code for components or just DCU version only? If the answer is later, can help to generate the import files of all uniGUI components for me (and other user using/planning to use TMS Scripter) by using the import tool from TMS Software (http://www.tmssoftwa.../ImportTool.zip)? Actually I'd asked this several times but never get your answer.

Do you have a date when we can begin purchasing ?

Also is the following possible ?

I have been a beta tester for some time and will be purchasing for CastleSoft (my business).

I also do consulting work for a Grammar school and would like to purchase for them (with me as the sole developer), but in their name. 

Can I purchase 1x CastleSoft (at the intro rate) and 1x School (at the intro rate) ? 

Do I need to setup a beta account now for my school/email/login ?

Thanks

Initial package will contain DCU only. As a part of your subscription we will allow you access to partial source code when it is ready to distribute.

I'll help you for import task. Pls remind me when 0.97 is out.

Thanks a lot! Waiting for 0.97...

This all seem very good, in my opinion.

As I paid $329 for ExtJS, I hope for a $300 discount to get the license for $199.

That will be a good introductory offer.

Now, Farshad, if I can reflect a little on this, I think that if Unigui had the option of

generating php, perl or python for the backend, and export the html, css and js

for the frontend, that would be the greatest webapp devkit ever....

As we have a world history with so much division due to different languages,

is it not ironic that in the web world, they were not able to use the same language

on both frontend and backend. html, php, js, css and sql....a perfect reflection of

a world where people perceive things quite differently.There are those who 

gather and those who scatter....

Unigui is trying to act as a bridge in this respect, but the binary makes it appear

a bit closed. An option to generate only script/markup files would be amazing,

but of course also very complex. At least it would be nice to get the frontend,

and be able to create the backend yourself, getting just some helper files.

Hi Farshad, 

I see you are being very reasonable in your process of migrating the developers from beta to commercial. Many thanks for your position.

You said this is all based on the 0.97. 

What about the current 0.96 ? I see you bumped for a month the expiration, can you keep the 0.96 as the last free beta version?

That would make reasonable also, since the next Delphi version is planned for after September (XE7) and you will end the beta cycle in sync with the Delphi versions.

What you think?

• Administrators

Hi Farshad, 

I see you are being very reasonable in your process of migrating the developers from beta to commercial. Many thanks for your position.

You said this is all based on the 0.97. 

What about the current 0.96 ? I see you bumped for a month the expiration, can you keep the 0.96 as the last free beta version?

That would make reasonable also, since the next Delphi version is planned for after September (XE7) and you will end the beta cycle in sync with the Delphi versions.

What you think?

Well, there can not be "a last free beta" because there hasn't been a free beta version in the first place. Our beta versions aren't free software like FreePascal or Lazarus.

We are already an OEM partner of Sencha Inc and we have signed an OEM contract with them. As a result we can not distribute Sencha Ext JS no longer for free. Ext JS is not free software.

Those who plan not to purchase uniGUI beta and plan to continue using an older beta version should get Ext JS from Sencha. However a single Ext JS license costs 665 USD. So it will be quite unreasonable to pay 665 USD for Ext JS alone while uniGUI introductory price (including OEM Ext JS and one year subscription) is around 500 USD. If you don't plan to buy an Ext JS license either, then you'll be violating Sencha license terms.

Now help me understand why there should be another free version. What's the reason behind this? Is it because people can not afford it or simply because they are not willing to pay?

It will be understandable if people distribute their software developed using uniGUI also for free, but I don't think that it is a common practice!

If people sell their commercial projects developed using Ext JS and uniGUI, but still not willing to pay for a single license then I don't think it is worthy to discuss.

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Well, there can not be "a last free beta" because there hasn't been a free beta version in the first place. Our beta versions aren't free software like FreePascal or Lazarus.

We are already an OEM partner of Sencha Inc and we have signed an OEM contract with them. As a result we can not distribute Sencha Ext JS no longer for free. Ext JS is not free software.

Those who plan not to purchase uniGUI beta and plan to continue using an older beta version should get Ext JS from Sencha. However a single Ext JS license costs 665 USD. So it will be quite unreasonable to pay 665 USD for Ext JS alone while uniGUI introductory price (including OEM Ext JS and one year subscription) is around 500 USD. If you don't plan to buy an Ext JS license either, then you'll be violating Sencha license terms.

Now help me understand why there should be another free version. What's the reason behind this? Is it because people can not afford it or simply because they are not willing to pay?

It will be understandable if people distribute their software developed using uniGUI also for free, but I don't think that it is a common practice!

If people sell their projects developed using Ext JS and uniGUI, but still not willing to pay for a single license then it is not worthy to discuss.

Thanks

You are correct in your assessment.

My question is because I am in development. I have no software in use outside my own computer. I am aware of sencha license and I will comply with that. 

I used wrong the word "free", I am sorry

I am a very small software company, and I have many big customers already with the eyes on the product that i am about to deliver. I just need to reach the delivery date and I am now totally backed by your beta program. Because this beta program it turned to make a reality the software that I am developing.

I expect to buy a license in less than 60 days.... that is for sure, but I am little concerned with the current 0.96 license date... that is it... :)

• Administrators

I have a development team (5 people). If there is a plan to launch the UNIGUI Team Edition, is that 1*UNIGUI + 1*EXTgroup edition? Or that I may need to purchase 5*unigui+5* EXT OEM personal edition?

You need to order 5 personal editions and you'll get a volume discount.

All licenses in a volume purchase will be assigned to same company.

You need to order 5 personal editions and you'll get a volume discount.

All licenses in a volume purchase will be assigned to same company.

You can publish a single user or multiple users after the discount price? For example 1 developers $500, 5 developers $2000, 10developers $3500, developers do not limit $4000

• Administrators

Hi Farshad, could you send me a quotation, because for the company that I work need it , in order to generate a purchase Order. I talked to my boss about the License and we are willing to buy it as soon as it'll be  available .

Purchase Order option will be available in online store.

• Administrators

Farshad,

Excuse my question, but which site to buy?

Another question: A lifetime license is?

How will it work updates, which we have rights after purchase?

1) You can't buy now. It will be announced here as soon as purchase option is available.

2) What do you mean by a lifetime license?

3) You will get one year of subscription to all minor and major updates which will be available during your subscription period.

1) You can't buy now. It will be announced here as soon as purchase option is available.

3) You will get one year of subscription to all minor and major updates which will be available during your subscription period.

1) You can not buy now. It will be announced here as soon as purchase option is available.

R: OK, but referring to Limit 31/08, how can I use as a developer after that date?

R: If I will need to renew the license (eg annually) to continue using the components.

3) You will get one year of subscription to all major and minor updates will be available Which During your subscription period.

R: That included the 1.0 version?

Thanks for the replies

• Administrators

1) Either beta licenses will be extended for another 30 days or you'll be given the option to purchase.

2) No. You can continue using your last version indefinitely. For example if you get version 1.2 as your last version before your subscription ends you can continue use it without renewal. However you won't get version 1.3 and further unless you renew your license.

3) You'll get version 0.97 as your first version. It is almost certain that you'll get version 1.0 during your one year subscription. We may jump from 0.98 to 1.0 directly.

Version numbering is an illusion! It is better to focus on what you actually get in term of quality and stability.

1) Either beta licenses will be extended for another 30 days or you'll be given the option to purchase.

2) No. You can continue using your last version indefinitely. For example if you get version 1.2 as your last version before your subscription ends you can continue use it without renewal. However you won't get version 1.3 and further unless you renew your license.

3) You'll get version 0.97 as your first version. It is almost certain that you'll get version 1.0 during your one year subscription. We may jump from 0.98 to 1.0 directly.

Version numbering is an illusion! It is better to focus on what you actually get in term of quality and stability.

Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

There will be two main categories:

1) uniGUI
This will include the desktop version only which will be based on Ext JS only.

2) uniGUI Plus
This will include both the desktop and mobile versions which will be based on Ext JS & Sencha Touch.

Each category will be divided into editions. Currently there are two editions. Standard and Professional.

Standard edition is the DCU only edition.
Professional edition will contain partial source code. ( In future it may contain full source code )

In future there can be an Enterprise version too with additional features.

So we will have:

uniGUI Standard
uniGUI Professional

uniGUI Plus Standard
uniGUI Plus Professional

Version 0.97 will be distributed in form of uniGUI Plus Professional edition only. Other editions will be available after version 1.0 is released.

In first  build there will be no mobile and no source code. We will add mobile and source code in further builds.

You will also get one year of subscription to all minor/major updates and releases.

Time limited introductory price for uniGUI Plus Professional will be 500 USD which is a very attractive price compared to what you will get.

To give you a better idea let me say that when beta mode is over uniGUI Plus Professional will be priced something around 1000 USD and uniGUI Standard will be priced around 500 USD. So you'll get uniGUI Plus Professional at price of uniGUI Standard.

It is a time limited offer which you don't what to miss. This offer will end when we are near to hit version 1.0 or even sooner.

Needles to say that all products will include the OEM version of Sencha Ext JS so there is no need to buy a license from Sencha.

Stay tuned for more news...

• Upvote 1