Delphi XE2

Firefox v31.0

Windows 7 Pro 32-bit

Test case attached

To reproduce:

1. Click "Show Form" button

2. Click any other button to trigger a screenmask

UIMask-2.zip

It is not the mask that I'm concerned about, but rather the mask message box, e.g. "Loading...".  In previous versions, the screenmask message has always shown on top of all outstanding forms.

Well, I disagree...to me, the screenmask message is comparable to a dialog box message indicating the status of ongoing activity.  If it's hidden behind a form, it becomes meaningless as the user has no way of knowing that the application is waiting for some activity to complete.

I would still prefer the built-in screenmask messagebox displaying in the foreground at all times as there are hundreds of places in my application where that is used (I have a desktop style app with lots of open forms), but if I can't get that, is this component available somewhere?

Thanks!

• Administrators

Well, I disagree...to me, the screenmask message is comparable to a dialog box message indicating the status of ongoing activity.  If it's hidden behind a form, it becomes meaningless as the user has no way of knowing that the application is waiting for some activity to complete.

The mask message is an integrated element of screen mask. Having the screen mask in back and the associated message in front doesn't make sense.

What you actually need is a screen mask which will mask the whole screen, not a single form. It is something that we will implement in future.

Thanks