TUniDBLookupComboBox - autocomplete and no usertext

erich.wanker

Hello folks

i have a TUniDBLookupComboBox on a form ... with this control -the user should select a existing record

BUT: it is also possible to typing a text in this TUniDBLookupComboBox ... but the user should just select a existing record .. and not to write into the TUniDBLookupComboBox..

AND: is this possible? : If a user enters a char - the TUniDBLookupComboBox should show just the records beginning with this char ... 

ThanX for helping

Erich

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
AND: is this possible? : If a user enters a char - the TUniDBLookupComboBox should show just the records beginning with this char ...

Yes, is there such a functionallity? For TuniCombobx there is a property "Style". if Style is ste to "csDropDown", the user can start typing and the popup windows filters its content while typing. But for the TuniDBLookupCombobx i do not find a "Style" property. Also i miss a ClearButton property.

post-1520-0-44179100-1440075552_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

Is it planned to add "autocomplete" feature (see description in my post before) to TuniDBLookupCombobox?

Its important to me. For doing quick data entry it is very important. Image that a combobox popup has 60 entries. At moment i have to scroll to all entries of the combobox to find the right one. i must do that step by step, there is no way to scroll by maybe 10 entries at time. I have many formulars with TUniDBEdits and TUniDBLookupComboboxes mixed. As soon the cursor comes to a TUniDBLookupCombobox, the flow of filling the formular stucks.

And the importantest thing: My customers are accustomed to it and this behavior of a combo box.

The TRUE useful DBlookupComboBox must have some features for enterprise applications, other than free "assisted" input;
Now there is no control on user input; instead we need (as an option, but active by default) that content field must by coherent with lookup dataset or must be empty (when not mandatory)

At char pressing, editor must suggest the complete new text or delete the char if text is no found....

Another feature (big) is the capability to render a multicolumn grid  or a multifield content  in the lookup popup, but too much to ask :-)

• Upvote 2

• 11 months later...

I still wondering if it is there a solution for this. For remeber, a few of us asked for a dblookupcombobox who can only store entries from the list like it is in style csDropdownList but also must able to filter the dropdown entries by starting typing in the edit field.

if i set the style property to:

csDropdownList

I can only use the mouse for select an entrie in the dropdown list. Only entires in the dropdown list can be stored, thats OK.

csDropDown

I can start typing in the edit field and the dropdown list get filtered. However, i cannot choose by key a entry in the filtered list. If the value in the edit field not matches a entry in the dropdown list, nothing happens when i exit the combobox, the value is there as it is and no Keyvalue is set.

The combobx should always have a valid entry. 

• Upvote 1

The TRUE useful DBlookupComboBox must have some features for enterprise applications, other than free "assisted" input;

Now there is no control on user input; instead we need (as an option, but active by default) that content field must by coherent with lookup dataset or must be empty (when not mandatory)

At char pressing, editor must suggest the complete new text or delete the char if text is no found....

Another feature (big) is the capability to render a multicolumn grid  or a multifield content  in the lookup popup, but too much to ask :-)

This descibes exactly what i mean..

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 8/20/2015 at 6:45 PM, Jean-Marc Kiener said:

Yes, is there such a functionallity? For TuniCombobx there is a property "Style". if Style is ste to "csDropDown", the user can start typing and the popup windows filters its content while typing. But for the TuniDBLookupCombobx i do not find a "Style" property. Also i miss a ClearButton property.

post-1520-0-44179100-1440075552_thumb.png

thanks for advice. fixing my problem :D

• 2 years later...
On 12/9/2016 at 11:35 PM, Juugii said:
You can achieve this behavior by adding at unievents

function afterrender(sender, eOpts)

{

sender.forceSelection = true;

}

Not working for me, version 1.90.0.1560 using in TUniDBLookupComboBox.

Do you refer to TuniComboBox ?