Form not showing when deployed

Bennie Coetzer

Hi I have an app that accesses a Firebird database to display data and images.  When running under the IDE or locally via the browser (Port 8077) it works fine.  When I run it on a local LAN via Apache it rns and accesses the data but does not open the form which contains the images.

Can you please explain how forms are created in uniGui as it appears that the onCreate event is execute when the form is shown (at least in the IDE version).  Understanding this may assist in finding the form under Apache.

Also, can one create a uniGui form on the fly, as needed?

Regards

• Administrators

Hi I have an app that accesses a Firebird database to display data and images.  When running under the IDE or locally via the browser (Port 8077) it works fine.  When I run it on a local LAN via Apache it rns and accesses the data but does not open the form which contains the images.

What do you mean when you say "Form does not open?" More details pls.

Can you please explain how forms are created in uniGui as it appears that the onCreate event is execute when the form is shown (at least in the IDE version).  Understanding this may assist in finding the form under Apache.

OnCreate is called when Form is created before it is shown.

Also, can one create a uniGui form on the fly, as needed?

See related demo: Dynamic

I can't be sure exactly what happens but a form that is supposed to show the content of the database record plus images from the record is not visible, but it does not crash.  This leads me to believe that the form is there but not showing.  When running from the local host or the IDE there is no problem.

With regards to the OnCreate, there is nowhere that I create the form so I assume uniGui creates it at some point.  Maybe I should rather create it myself when needed.

I will investigate the demo Dynamic