uniGUI Mobile for Sencha Touch

Farshad Mohajeri

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hi, Farshad, Unigui Touch will it compile for mobile devices  or we need to convert with PhoneGap tools  ?

It will create a web application like standard desktop uniGUI. There will be no phone side installation or download from market. See demo:

http://prime.fmsoft.net/touch/carousel.dll/m

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Farshad,

Regarding Unigui Mobile ,I was wondering  about a mobile application with a webbrowser embebeed with Unigui features.

Since Unigui is a server application, and we can't use any phonegap or cordova tools to create standalone application.

It would be nice to have an unigui application on the google store or Apple store. So I was thinking  If it makes sense

to create a pure mobile application which will be  embedded with  a Webbrowser dedicated specifically to Unigui. I Mean some criteria/ JS Files ,

or activation of some features on the mobile (back button , camera, memory mgt) , directly linked to an Unigui app and used by Unigui framework

Then we would only have to download this application, adjust the URL, and voila... My Unigui Application on the store...

Or maybe I am wrong..

eric g

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

Regarding Unigui Mobile ,I was wondering  about a mobile application with a webbrowser embebeed with Unigui features.

Since Unigui is a server application, and we can't use any phonegap or cordova tools to create standalone application.

It would be nice to have an unigui application on the google store or Apple store. So I was thinking  If it makes sense

to create a pure mobile application which will be  embedded with  a Webbrowser dedicated specifically to Unigui. I Mean some criteria/ JS Files ,

or activation of some features on the mobile (back button , camera, memory mgt) , directly linked to an Unigui app and used by Unigui framework

Then we would only have to download this application, adjust the URL, and voila... My Unigui Application on the store...

Or maybe I am wrong..

eric g

Embedding the server in a mobile app is possible but currently uniGUI sources can not be compiled for iOS or Android.

Hi,

Instead you can build a native mobile app with a browser component and point the browser to your unigui url, I didn't test it, but I think it will work, believe me dealing with android studio is easier than dealing with cordova/phonegap. 

Hi Farshad,

regarding your answer (Embedding the server in a mobile app is possible but currently uniGUI sources can not be compiled for iOS or Android.)

does it mean that i n a future it will be available? and if yes at what time??

eric

• Administrators

Hi Farshad,

regarding your answer (Embedding the server in a mobile app is possible but currently uniGUI sources can not be compiled for iOS or Android.)

does it mean that i n a future it will be available? and if yes at what time??

eric

Such feature is not planned. uniGUI is intended to serve as a web application framework.

The market tomorrow ( less than 5 years) , will address mobiles and tablet. Further more the emerging country , will jump directly to the mobile application as it was 20 years ago with fix telephone and mobile.  I guess it's a pity to don't plan such feature, knowing that Version  6 of sencha can manage both .

Thanks to take my note in consideration.

eric

• Administrators

The market tomorrow ( less than 5 years) , will address mobiles and tablet. Further more the emerging country , will jump directly to the mobile application as it was 20 years ago with fix telephone and mobile.  I guess it's a pity to don't plan such feature, knowing that Version  6 of sencha can manage both .

Thanks to take my note in consideration.

eric

Hi eric,

Ext JS 6 apps or in general Sencha Touch apps, are in pure JavaScript. OTOH, uniGUI apps have their business logic coded in object pascal.

There is no way to create a mobile unigui app unless you deploy the full server to mobile device. It is a very complex process and first stage is to make uniGUI libs compilable for Android and iOS.

Even if can be done even for the simplest app you need to deploy apps which are at least 10-15 MB in size.

The whole idea of uniGUI is having the fat part of your app on the server and only having the thin part which is the GUI on the client.