uniGUI Mobile for Sencha Touch

Farshad Mohajeri

• Administrators

I wanted to announce that development for Sencha Touch platform has been actively started. It will open a whole new window to way you can deploy your Delphi apps to mobile platform.

Thanks to the new architecture introduced in uniGUI version 0.94 which enables us to quickly implement mobile platform controls based on native Sencha Touch components.

Here is a screen shot of alpha version:
Screenshot_2013-12-30-20-49-58.png
  • Upvote 3

Farshad,

Fantastic!

I am becoming a fan of your product and expect to be a real customer soon! While that, I am activelly spreading the project to get to know.

Well, you show the candy, what is your idea about delivery?  

Is it going to be possible to have both sencha and extjs in the same application?  I am doing a uniGUI application where the users also access by tablet and cellphone. If I could identify from where they are coming and switch to the best framework available it could be good. 

Of course I should create the code for each case, but instead of showing the ExtJS standard implementation I could switch to a form/frame based on sencha for that particular session, because the user is in an android. Other generic forms I could keep showing on extjs, to not have a big work writing twice each.

Flexibility is the key for success on this platform!

What you think?

Eduardo 

• Administrators

it makes me laugh ... 2011 had to go out version 1.0 .. 3 years later we are still at 0.94 ... and now mobile version??

So is it a bad thing that we have started mobile development?

Just let me restate some facts:

- The roadmap in 2011 was far from being realistic.

-Framework architecture in 2011 version was a joke compared to what we have today.

- Version 0.94 is the first version which gives us the liberty to move to Sencha Touch platform. 

- Previous versions were tightly bound to ExtPascal which was limiting us in many ways. ( That said I'm very thankful to ExtPascal, as it gave us the initial courage and power to start the framework and it still remains in the core as an important component)

- It took us three radical architectural changes until we reached version 0.94.

All that said, I agree that transition from beta to commercial took much much longer than expected. There are many reasons behind this delay which I don't want to discuss here right now. I just hope that we can make a fast transition and jump out of beta mode as soon as we can.

• Upvote 6

If all delays have been for go to a high quality product (it really is!), it has been worth the wait. 

That said,

I encourage you to release the commercial version when you can make it, we are waiting  eagerly, and if it come with mobile application, it would round it!