Differences between Unigui and Intraweb

PALF

Hi all:

I'm going to start a new project and I have decide on a tool or another. I need to know the differences between Unigui and Intraweb, and each have limitations.

Thank's a lot.

And happy new year to  Unigui comunity.

Well I was using Intraweb but these tool has too many problem the first thing is that you can't create DLL (ISAPI) application with the version that Come with the Delphi Bundle .

The only advantage that I see over Unigui is that the intraweb is not in Beta and is released and have more documentation than Unigui.

Well I was using Intraweb but these tool has too many problem the first thing is that you can't create DLL (ISAPI) application with the version that Come with the Delphi Bundle .

The only advantage that I see over Unigui is that the intraweb is not in Beta and is released and have more documentation than Unigui.

Hi Ronny:

Are you sure that Intraweb in Delphi Bundle does not permit create DLL?.

I've tested with Xe5 and permits create DLL.

Thank's for your reply

Alfonso

alf,

take a look here: http://delphihaters.blogspot.com.br/search/label/IntraWeb%20Series

There are many article that show you how bad and ugly is Intraweb and you should keep far from it...

I made a big applicatioin with UniGUI recently, it works. Take a fraction of the time than learning Intraweb. And the interface is much more controlable.

HOWEVER, there is not documentation at all. You have to take a look on the DEMOS and see if everthing you need is there.

There is no big surprises, the current version that I am using, .93 just works.

There are few people on the forum that try to help, and I am gratefully for that, however it is a loney hunt. 

I really expect that the developers of UniGUI understand that the documentation is so important than coding it..... One thing that is hurting the image of UniGUI out there is the lack of documentation.

Give I try on UniGUI, I believe you going to like.

Sincerily,

Eduardo

• Upvote 2

I tried IntraWeb for a while and got some stuff working but it was all a bit of a guddle. Different versions of IW + Delphi caused problems and the people at IW didn't really fill me with confidence. Confusing licensing model, too.

UniGUI, on the other hand, has proven to be simpler to master and more robust.

Drawbacks to UniGUI?

- Lack of documentation

- Still in  beta, purchased licence not yet available.

• 5 weeks later...

I moved from Intrwaweb for many reasons. To get better functionality I found that I had to go to TMS components to work with Intraweb. All this cost a lot of money, especially when you add the cost of Delphi upgrades. It can be a real difficult process just to try to install or upgrade Intraweb and match components with current versions all around. Just trying to install Intraweb at times to a new computer was a very time consuming and painful process. This was just too much grief, too much downtime (most deciding factor), and too much cost for me, so I abandoned Intraweb.

So far I have had great success with this UniGUI. I have created an application for the transportation business that works decent using DBISAM as the database.  However, I do not believe in putting all my eggs in one basket as the saying goes. I always have a backup alternative in case UniGui fails.

What also looks very promising is Elevate Web Builder by Elevate Software.  In my opinion if you want to do web driven databases then look at these two options, instead of Intraweb. So far UniGui was able to use components which I already have in place such as DBISAM, Fast Reports to create PDFs. and SMI Import tools by Scalibium software to read Excel files, which is a bit harder to do with Elevate Web Builder, well for me anyway as you are not always in the Delphi IDE, which Web Builder has its own environment.  Each have some far better features depending on your needs. Also remember Elevate Software also makes DBISAM and Elevate DB so there may be seamless integration. Right now support is far better at Elevate Software, and I usually get answers from peers within 24 hours, which I am hoping can improve here. 

As it is now I am working with both UniGui and Web Builder. UniGui is my first choice, Elevate DB is second, and Intraweb would be my last resort even though it may be more stable now, and Intraweb does offer more options for complex or commercial applications but things may change.  Again it depends on your needs now and what the customer is willing to pay.

John P

www.trackinfosystems.net

• Upvote 2

In simple words :

Intraweb generates multiple page applications , like old standard web.

You buy licenses for the "core" then for the full packages and then for TMS components and so on.

Application looks ugly unless you are a master of css and work on that.

Your license no. and name is included in every page generated (????)

Advantages :

Works on old devices like portable terminals, pocket pc-s etc.

IE works just fine as a client. The rest of the browsers have little rendering issues.

Unigui applications look much better from start.

It generates "one page applications" that do not flicker in front of clients.

One spends 50% less time building UniGui apps than Intraweb.

Everything is in one package , not a collection of objects from different suppliers.

It just works !

UniGui has some issues with IE as far as I discovered. Opera, Chrome and Firefox render ok.

You have to buy license from Sencha.

My money is on UniGui

• Upvote 1