What is wrong with this implementation? (opacity on TUniPanel)

eelias

Hi there!

I am trying to make a TUniPanel Fadein and then Fadeout. On this panel I have only a TUniLabel.

I am trying to make something like the ToastMessages we find on Android Phones, those little messages that shows up for few seconds.

I have added a TUniTimer on the form, and I set it to fire an event on 5 seconds;

When showing the message i use:

UniSession.AddJS(UnPanelMessage.JSName + '.animate({ duration: 1000, to: { opacity: 1 });');

Then, when the Timer event is fired, I use

UniSession.AddJS(UnPanelMessage.JSName + '.animate({ duration: 1000, to: { opacity: 0 });');

However the panel just do not show up. If I remeve this line, and change my code for something like

UnPanelMessage.Visible := true

and then

UnPanelMessage.Visible := false

It works fine, so my code is working fine, the panel is visible, the color is correct, timer is working, etc.

But when I add the JS code it simply does not show. I have changed the opacity from 1 to 0 on start etc

I wonder if someone could give a hand on that.

Eduardo

Hi eelias.

Maybe not the best solution...

If you created a form with
UniPanel1.Visible := False,
then

1. Change the Visible property to true:
    UniPanel1.Visible = True;

2. Then, add beforeInit to UniPanel1 -> UniEvents 
function beforeInit(sender)
{
  sender.animate({ duration: 1, to: { opacity: 0 }});
}

3. Then you can use your code.    

UniSession.AddJS(UnPanelMessage.JSName + '.animate({ duration: 1000, to: { opacity: 1 });');
UniSession.AddJS(UnPanelMessage.JSName + '.animate({ duration: 1000, to: { opacity: 0 });');
Sincerely

(Sorry if I misunderstood the question...)

I am trying to make a TUniPanel Fadein and then Fadeout. On this panel I have only a TUniLabel.

I am trying to make something like the ToastMessages we find on Android Phones, those little messages that shows up for few seconds.

if its only for nice messages which shows up for a few seconds(or until the user moves the mouse) , take a look at humanejs notification system:

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/1808-humanejs-notification-system-for-unigui/

works great in my actual test project.

if its only for nice messages which shows up for a few seconds(or until the user moves the mouse) , take a look at humanejs notification system:

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/1808-humanejs-notification-system-for-unigui/

works great in my actual test project.

Thank you! You helped me a lot with you code, It was exactly what I needed.