Unigui and RealThinClient

hendrang

Hi all,

My unigui apps call a calculation function in a RealThinClient and return a calculation result.
I am using Delphi XE.

If Unugui app run in Web Mode, it cannot receive the calculation result sent from the RealThinClient server because the on return event of RtcResult is not fired.

post-930-0-63957600-1371343978_thumb.jpg

My application project :

UniguiRealThinClient.rar

How can I solve the problem and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hendra

I cannot help you with RTC, but I am very interested that someone uses the combination UniGui <--> RTC. More than a year ago I built a small test server with KbmMW to handle the DB stuff (DBIsam), that worked great. Thought of switching to RTC anyway when a new, real world project will come up the next days. Do you want to handle some more advanced stuff with RTC, maybe DB stuff? Please keep us informed if and how your problem will be solved. Best Regards Peter

I cannot help you with RTC, but I am very interested that someone uses the combination UniGui <--> RTC. More than a year ago I built a small test server with KbmMW to handle the DB stuff (DBIsam), that worked great. Thought of switching to RTC anyway when a new, real world project will come up the next days. Do you want to handle some more advanced stuff with RTC, maybe DB stuff? Please keep us informed if and how your problem will be solved. Best Regards Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes,  I want to use combination Unigui - RTC for handling  DB stuff.

and this simple test  problem must be solved before I can go furher to handle DB with Unigui - RTC.

I will inform you if the problem is solved.

Best regards,

Hendra

Hi all,

My unigui apps call a calculation function in a RealThinClient and return a calculation result.

I am using Delphi XE.

If Unugui app run in Web Mode, it cannot receive the calculation result sent from the RealThinClient server because the on return event of RtcResult is not fired.

attachicon.gifCalc.JPG

My application project :

attachicon.gifUniguiRealThinClient.rar

How can I solve the problem and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hendra

Problem solved.

post-930-0-05022000-1371441163_thumb.jpg

To solve the problem :

Set property UseWinHTTP of component RtcHttpClient to True.

post-930-0-74339400-1371444068_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Hendra

great, maybe I will start a new topic under "general" here to discuss RTC, kbmMW or some other tools to build HTTP data servers to be used with aparted Unigui (GUI) servers. I think its a great idea to separate the db-stuff (and maybe also printing stuff) from the main UniGui program logic into separate servers/services, even if you can switch between MySQL, DBIsam, Nexus, SQLite, Interbase and others without touching the source of the main Unigui server. 

• Upvote 1