Question Report Builder

knopix

I use FastReport but when I make ISAPI application MODULE unigui can not seem to export reports to Excel and print to html, pdf? there a solution? whether the ReportBuilder is the ISAPI project MODULE?Thank You Mr.Eduardo Belo

Regards

Knopix

I use FastReport but when I make ISAPI application MODULE unigui can not seem to export reports to Excel and print to html, pdf? there a solution? whether the ReportBuilder is the ISAPI project MODULE?Thank You Mr.Eduardo Belo

Regards

Knopix

Yes, Report Builder export to PDF, Excel, HTML, anyway, regardless of whether or ISAPI StandAlone. The HTML export ReportBuilder is perfect, FastReport does the job right.

Regards

Eduardo Belo

whether the project you created using the database? use Delphi version number? mine using Delphi XE2 with unigui 0.93

Regards

Knopix

The example was compiling with XE2, UniGUI 0.93 and ReportBuilder 14.04 Buil 106.
For the database used the ClientDataSet in memory, but you can adapt to any database like MySQL or Firebird.

Regards

Eduardo Belo

I create a project with mysql database when going to export to pdf, excel no problem?[dcc32 Error] Main.pas(100): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'dtXLSReport',[dcc32 Error] Main.pas(123): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'dtPDF' and [dcc32 Error] Main.pas(144): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'dtXLSData'.there is a solution?

Regards

Knopix

I create a project with mysql database when going to export to pdf, excel no problem?[dcc32 Error] Main.pas(100): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'dtXLSReport',[dcc32 Error] Main.pas(123): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'dtPDF' and [dcc32 Error] Main.pas(144): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'dtXLSData'.there is a solution?

Regards

Knopix

The example of the DEMO, you have to declare ppTypes the uses clause. See the comment I made in the onclick event of the button Print the DEMO.

Regards

Eduardo Belo

How come when printing PDF Report, Export to Excel stored together with the application that we created.Mr.Eduardo Belo

Regards

Knopix

well, the Delphi report components are not the best in integrated PDF exporting. For FastReport the users wait for years for some handy and accurate integrated PDF exporting, and also for ReportBuilder I think if you want great PDF export with "complicated" reports then you have to use third party tools. Like wPDF from Wpcubed or eDocEngine from Gnostice. But take a look at the license terms, f.e. wPDF comes in form of a DLL, the unit to integrate thread safe in your source costs extra money and also the internet server license costs extra money.

For FastReport the users wait for years for some handy and accurate integrated PDF exporting

I use reportmanger (open source, http://reportman.sourceforge.net/ ). This comes with an additional console app to create PDF's. This I start using createProcess() in UniGui-App and give it the needed parameters. It's very very fast.

Hi Oliver,

I asume that you create the reports for the customer. I'm still looking for a way the

user can create is own reports (like FastReport Designer) and store them in a

database or as a file from within uniGui

The problem with FastReport Desinger is the visual aspect for design the report

in combination with uniGui.

A alternative is that we created a Windwos .exe file containing the designer

which the user has to start on his computer, design the report and storie

it in the database.

I use reportmanger (open source, http://reportman.sourceforge.net/ ). This comes with an additional console app to create PDF's. This I start using createProcess() in UniGui-App and give it the needed parameters. It's very very fast.

I asume that you create the reports for the customer. I'm still looking for a way the

user can create is own reports (like FastReport Designer) and store them in a

database or as a file from within uniGui

I think you are looking for this: 

http://mobile.stimulsoft.com/Designer.aspx?reportname=SimpleList

A alternative is that we created a Windwos .exe file containing the designer

which the user has to start on his computer, design the report and storie

it in the database.

In reportmanager there is also an exe for creating reports standalone. But I think it is not usable by end users.

How come when printing PDF Report, Export to Excel stored together with the application that we created.Mr.Eduardo Belo

Regards

Knopix

At DEMO send you does. Do not you answer? Describe in detail what your real trouble I can help it.

Regards

Eduardo

Mr.Eduardo Belo,help me how when I was going to print the report pdf by date or no batch?I use 1 piece TUniEdit and 1 TUniButton to print the report PDF?

Regards

Knopix

Mr.Eduardo Belo,help me how when I was going to print the report pdf by date or no batch?I use 1 piece TUniEdit and 1 TUniButton to print the report PDF?

Regards

Knopix

Create a simple demo with your code so I can help it. Do not work with MySQL, do the example with Firebird or memory with ClientDataSet.

Regards

Eduardo

Create a simple demo with your code so I can help it. Do not work with MySQL, do the example with Firebird or memory with ClientDataSet.

Regards

Eduardo

There is a an email address Mr. Eduardo Belo,To send a sample Project

email:  beloelogica@gmail.com

• 6 years later...