TUniDateTimePicker, TUniDBDateTimePicker null date - 30/12/1899

tappatappa

I have an annoying problem, which seems to be quite popular in many Frameworks.

I am writing an application that loads records from a database where, in general, datetime data (timestamps) are nullable. When I display null values using a DateTimePicker i get "30/12/1899" which is an awful default for NULL. All I want is a blank DateTimePicker Field.

So far, the only (not) acceptable workaround I've found is to change the dateformat to "  /  /    " in case of nulls and then reset it to default when the user (or some automatic routine) changes the value to some valid datetime.

Something like:

void __fastcall TFormMain::UniDateTimePicker1Change(TObject *Sender)
{
   if(UniDateTimePicker1->DateTime==0.0){
	  UniDateTimePicker1->DateFormat=L"  /  /    ";
   }else{
	  UniDateTimePicker1->DateFormat=L"dd/MM/yyyy";
   }
}

Following this approach, I have to intercept all the events (not only OnChange) that may trigger from any datetimepicker component that I put in my application. I do not wish to do that, because I am a lazy programmer :|

Any ideas?

Thanks Farshad,

setting UniDateTimePicker->DateTime to 0.0 shows a blank date. But this does not seem to work with UniDBDateTimePicker. I tried to manually set the corresponding data field to 0.0, but the component keeps showing 30/12/1899. Can you tell me why?